sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Hi all,

I'm using SGP Pro and trying to crack plate solving and meridian flips. The mount tries to flip but then can't plate solve back to where it needs to be. I think I've tracked the problem to EQMOD reaching its Meridian Limit. 

Any idea how to fix this? I've a general idea that I'll need to change the limits in EQMOD, but I'm nervous about this for fear of causing the telescope and camera to crash into the mount legs...

Thanks in advance!

- Lee

Meridian Limit.JPG

1 hour ago, artem said:

Hi - Lee , did you " possibly " activate or set the limits in EQMODE ?? can you have a look ??

Martin

Unbenannt.PNG

Yep, it's checked. Should it not be?

Limit checked.JPG

Hi Lee The meridian limits in EQMOD are good to be activated to protect the equipment and Once EQMOD reached that limit then the tracking will stop  (to  pertect your equipment).  That is the one part of the story.. on the other hand.. Hence you can activate the MIT but do not activate the option MERIFDIAN FLIP in EQMOD.. but do that only in SGP !!

Now the complicated part :icon_albino:!! in SGP you should setup the settings for Meridian Flip  “past meridian” in SGP at a time, before the EQMOD MOUNT LIMIT SETUP stops the mount to move or track since EQMOD did reach its set limit:hello:.

Hmm:hiding: I hope I am not wrong, and was able to explain in a good manner..you should try and see it this way MERIDIAN FLIP works, else you could contact SGP FORUM http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/

many users there may have same problem..

Just try it, I have a mount " MACH1GTO " where things work a little different way..

PS! Update your EQMOD also by next possible chance.. your V1.29a is already an old one.. most recent EQMOD is the version V200K, you will find the most recent version here https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EQMOD/info

Cheers

Martin

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, artem said:

Hi Lee The meridian limits in EQMOD are good to be activated to protect the equipment and Once EQMOD reached that limit then the tracking will stop  (to  pertect your equipment).  That is the one part of the story.. on the other hand.. Hence you can activate the MIT but do not activate the option MERIFDIAN FLIP in EQMOD.. but do that only in SGP !!

Now the complicated part :icon_albino:!! in SGP you should setup the settings for Meridian Flip  “past meridian” in SGP at a time, before the EQMOD MOUNT LIMIT SETUP stops the mount to move or track since EQMOD did reach its set limit:hello:.

Hmm:hiding: I hope I am not wrong, and was able to explain in a good manner..you should try and see it this way MERIDIAN FLIP works, else you could contact SGP FORUM http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/

many users there may have same problem..

Just try it, I have a mount " MACH1GTO " where things work a little different way..

PS! Update your EQMOD also by next possible chance.. your V1.29a is already an old one.. most recent EQMOD is the version V200K, you will find the most recent version here https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EQMOD/info

Cheers

Martin

Martin,

I hunted around for release notes but couldn't find anything. Would you have any idea where they are?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Do you mean my comment about the newest version of EQASCOM V200K?? well, my comment did not have nothing to do with MERDIAN FLIP/LIMIT, I just wanted to make aware to LEE that his EAMOD v1.29a is an old one and a newers versions are availble.. like EQASCOM V200K,

Cheers

4Martin

14 minutes ago, artem said:

Hi Pete,

Do you mean my comment about the newest version of EQASCOM V200K?? well, my comment did not have nothing to do with MERDIAN FLIP/LIMIT, I just wanted to make aware to LEE that his EAMOD v1.29a is an old one and a newers versions are availble.. like EQASCOM V200K,

Cheers

4Martin

Yeh, I just wondered if there were release notes to describe changes from the previous version to the new one. I treat software updates like BIOS updates, if it doesn't have something you need then don't do it :)

I know it's dreadfully old fashioned of me, but read the SGPro Manual, Page 61 onwards which covers using SGPro with EQMOD, including correct settings for meridian flips. Also watch the video to which it links explaining how to set the mount limits properly:

http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/content/Sequence Generator Pro.pdf

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice! Turns out the limits needed to be set to what they were to keep the filter wheel from bashing the tripod legs. But I got SGP'S autorecovery mode working, so it just kept trying for about 10 minutes, until the meridian limit was no longer an issue.

On 11/2/2017 at 17:00, IanL said:

I know it's dreadfully old fashioned of me, but read the SGPro Manual

I'd take the SGP Hive Mind over user manuals any day  :p

14 hours ago, Lee_P said:

Thanks for the advice! Turns out the limits needed to be set to what they were to keep the filter wheel from bashing the tripod legs. But I got SGP'S autorecovery mode working, so it just kept trying for about 10 minutes, until the meridian limit was no longer an issue.

I'd take the SGP Hive Mind over user manuals any day  :p

If you haven't already, rotate the filter wheel so the body sticks out to the side or even up. That will give a fair bit more tracking before a collision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, IanL said:

If you haven't already, rotate the filter wheel so the body sticks out to the side or even up. That will give a fair bit more tracking before a collision.

I must confess that hadn't occurred to me. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1