Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_the_milky_way.thumb.jpg.dbd8b15e81d11e9303c8d6ef1898ac08.jpg

Cjg

Farewell to Green Witch

Sad to hear that Neil at Green Witch is closing the business due to retirement.

He was kind enough to come to Norwich Astro Society's Yuris Day when we were let down by a Norwich based supplier just 4 days before our event.

I purchased all my Televue eyepieces from them and they were great to deal with.

Those of you who do not receive their email newsletter, the web version is here https://www.green-witch.com/admin/preview.php?action=email&object=8

Chris

• Sad 5

Sad news - I bought my Takahashi from Lee at Green Witch - always found him and them great to deal with

• Like 1

Just bought some stuff off them last week. No issues at all.  I’m sure it’s a tough market. 

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 1

Oh that is sad news,I’ve bought a few things from Lee at their shop up’North and always enjoyed the visit 😊!. I assume Lee won’t be carrying on the Birstall shop on his own?.

cheers guys and good luck for the future

Steve

• Like 1

Won't be the same without them - got my first 12" dob from them when they were at Cambridge and a hyperion zoom from Lee at Kelling one year. But heck Neil deserves a good retirement after all his contributions to astronomy - so I wish him well with it. :)

Edited by brantuk
  • Like 2

I just read the email. Sad to see a business go but I am sure Neil deserves a long and happy retirement. 

Good to see that Lee will be turning up at Altair Astro. I've always found him very helpful and I'm sure he will be a great addition to that business. 

Payment cards at the ready - the clearance sale starts tomorrow! 😎

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that. I bought four Celestron eye pieces and a scope cover from them at a fair price a couple of years back at the IAS.  I always enjoyed looking at their stand at the show. 

Presumably no one is interested in taking over the business as is. 

• Like 1

Yes it's a shame but we all have to retire sometime.

Also a shame my credit card has maxed out due to some astro purchases just last week.

• Like 1

Sad to see them go. I have bought quite a few bits and bobs from them over the years with no problems at all.

• Like 1

I got my 4 eyepieces and my star adventurer from Lee no problems 

• Like 1

That is sad news indeed. I have purchased a few items from them in the past.

Going to miss the 64bef71f-8132-4acb-a94b-8e59e1e6775c_image_jpeg.jpg.8bc3e17acf2e7e77d21d1db69a50ba9c.jpg logo too!

• Like 1

I have bought 99% oh my Astro equipment from Lee. He’s been a good friend and a fountain on knowledge, help and wisdom when it’s come to getting the right equipment. He’s loaned me equipment to use before iv bought it or just returned if it’s not been right. I wish both Lee and Neil all the best for the future. 

• Like 1

The few times I've met Neil I've found him to be very much a gent; passionate about his subject and a warm, kind human being.  I wish him very well for a wonderful retirement.

Sad to see them go. I purchased an eyepiece or two off them, was very happy with the service and have always kept tabs on their stuff. Happy retirement Neil!

• Like 1

Sorry to see them go too. I used to love to drool over all the goodies when they were located in Dry Drayton and it was heaven to have an astro store on my doorstep.

I made all of my major purchases from Neil (Celestron C8; SW ED80 Esprit; stand alone autoguider) when he operated from home. He was a true gent and allowed me to sort out a blocked bank card (expensive purchase) from his home telephone, which took over half an hour to sort. 

Wish them all the best, and a happy retirement

PC387

• Like 1

Currently 25% off all stock. I had a large basket of stuff, but sense kicked in and I just ordered a couple of barlows and an M48 Canon adapter. Some bargains to be had, including a skymax150 Pro for £380. 

• Like 1

Sad to see Green Witch go , always found their service second to none. Enjoy your retirement guys.

Jim 

• Like 1