Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart Nebula - IC1805 Bi-Colour in Narrowband

Droogie 2001

My first bi-colour narrowband image with my new OIII Chroma filter. Managed to add 4 hours of OIII to the existing 7 hours of Ha. As always I wanted more OIII data but I think I am done with the Heart Nebula for the moment. 

Having just processed Ha images for the last half of the year it took alot of extra time and effort to get back into processing colour images, just trying to keep that colour noise under control was a battle!
I decided to go with a moody copper colour palette as I have imaged in LRGB previously and fancied a complete change of direction.

Scope: William Optics Star 71
Mount: Celestron AVX
Camera: Moravian G2-8300 – Mono
Filters: Chroma 3nm
18x1500s Ha exposures (7.5 hours) @ -25c
9x1500s OIII exposures (3.75  hours) @ -25c
Flats & BIAS

Total: 11 hours

Processed in PixInsight and PS.

Heart_Nebula_Bi_Colour.png

34 minutes ago, Rico said:

I really like this. The colour palette looks so natural and the image quality looks great. Well done!

Thanks Rico. I think the palette works. This is part of the bi-colour process I did not realise was so flexible. It became apparent early on that does need some testing before committing to a blend or else alot of work can be wasted. My first attempt at this was not very satisfactory.

Archived