sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

CPC 1100 Counterweight for GSO Crayford Focuser

Hi All,

I wanted to ask if anyone has the experience of using a GSO Crayford or similar focuser or on a CPC 1100, and if a counterweight was needed to balance the OTA. I want to use it with a DSLR as well as 2" diagonal.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Well I have purchased and received the GSO Crayford style focuser. I tried it out last night and it seems to work okay without any kind or counterweight. I tried it with my 2" Baader diagonal and 8mm Hyperion eyepiece on Neptune. The absence of image shift and finer control when focusing is really convenient. I intend to try it for DSLR imaging next.

focuser.jpg

Edited by beka

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brownthunder93
      Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement counterweight bar/shaft for my EQ5 mount? 
    • By Mark Hardaker
      Hi there knowledgable people.
       I am trying to find a solution to a balancing problem with my TAL-2 eq mount.  As I’m adding more weight to the scope, I need to move the counterweight further up/down the dec axis, but can I do it? Can I hellaslike!!
      Before I bought the telescope, the mount had been outside I suspect, and I cannot move the counterweight at all.  
      Does anyone know how to do this?  
      See pictures 
      One end of the shaft screws into the dec axis with a collar; the other end looks like it should detach from the weight with a similar collar, but no amount of twisting, turning, spraying with WD40 etc. will free it up.  Can someone tell me if this is the correct approach?  Even then, I still can’t understand how the weight would slide up and down the rest of the shaft.  How is it fixed and locked in any particular position?
      Any help with this would be most welcome. If someone who knows would like to contact me, via FaceTime or similar to show me how it works, i would be most grateful.

Mark

• By ThadeusB
      if you have a 1.8kg EQ3/EQ5 counterweight you don't want, I would like to buy it off you.
      I can collect if you are not too far from me.

Thanks.
    • By Bruno Marin
      I found this setup in internet and make me think, with AZEQ6 GT and 2 scopes, different weights and size, without counterweight in AZ mode! 
      - I can put a MAK100mm 3kg +- and a OO VX10l  12kg +- without counterweight?

Does anyone have this setup mount and already used without counterweight with two telescopes of different weights? Is it really necessary to have a balance using in AZ mode?
      The problem to centralize the object with both scopes is true? With the SW AZEQ6 GT?
      Follow the images
      a TSA-120 with 6.5 kg i think and the other with 22kg i forgot the brand hehe you can help me?

• By beka
      Hi All,
      The area I live has a fair amount of ambient light from street lighting, neighbors window, porch lights and so on. Just wanted to ask those who have used a dew shield with a CPC 1100 or other SCT - can use of a dew shield significantly improve visual contrast on planets and DSOs? I rarely have had problems with dew though.
      Thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.