Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

Recommended Posts

Taken early Monday morning.
Most widefields of the Rosette include the Cone area but I went the other way to included Sh2-280 and Sh2-282.
Wanted Sh2-283 as well but does'nt quite get there on the Samyang 135mm.

Just 8x600secs Atik 383L, Samyang 135mm @ f/2 with an Astrodon 5nm Ha filter.

rosette-280-282.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By MarsG76
      This is the SHO result of my first imaging object with the cooled Canon 40D. 
      Through out the imaging, the camera failed a number of times due to condensation buildup inside and so this is a result of two different 40D bodies and sensors. I captured some HAlpha data with the originally cooled 40D before it failed and the second half of the HAlpha, OIII and SII are captured with the second modded and cooled 40D
        
       Exposures: SII: 30x1200s HII: 30x600s OIII: 30x900s ISO1600
      Telescope: BOSMA Beta RE
       Focal length: 500mm
       
    • By Owmuchonomy
      Wrapping up in double layer goose feathers I braved the obsy last night.  I planned a tour of Auriga with a view to chucking in some favourites.  I set up the ED150 on the AZ EQ 6 and fitted the WO quartz diagonal accompanied by my ES 20mm 82'.  I stuffed my Astronomik 1.25" UHC (bargain price thanks @FLO) in my pocket too.  This set up required the retro children's playroom chair with the legs sawn down due to the position of Auriga. I spent about half an hour checking the plethora of open clusters sprinkled in or near the Milky Way.  The sky was one of the best this season so it was a jewelled spectacle and the ED150 reveals such sharp colours enabling me to distinguish the cooler stars in some of the clusters particularly the occasional red giant.  As Monoceros reached the meridian I moved to the open cluster associated with the Rosette. Now, for all my efforts over the years, the emission nebulosity has eluded my eyes but tonight with this newish 6" frac I was somewhat taken aback to see a doughnut appear in the view.  Switching to a view with the UHC filter was nothing short of astonishing!  It wasn't just there; I was falling into its centre.  Texture, depth and dark globules were easily discernible.  The extent was slightly larger than the FOV with the 20mm so I slewed slowly around and the perimeters and varying consistency of the Ha emission were easily picked out.  I spent a long and happy time soaking this up; it was truly outstanding.  Thoroughly recommended.  I retired happily to the warm kitchen and toast.
    • By astrosathya
      Presenting my first attempt at Bi colour imaging. This is the Rosette Nebula (NGC2244), which is located in the constellation of Monoceros. 
      Telescope: Orion 80ED
      Mount: Sky Watcher HEQ5PRO
      Camera: QHY9s Mono
      Filter wheel: QHYFW2
      Filters: Baader 7nm Ha, 8.5nm OIII
      Exposure: 300sX30Ha, 300sX22 OIII captured on the nights of 1st and 8th January 2019
      Stacked in Deep sky stacker, proceed in Pixinsight, finished in Photoshop

    • By upahill
      I set up yesterday despite a bad forecast to try and fix a cabling and power issue, as the night drew in I noticed the clouds starting to clear a little so stayed setup.
      In total managed about 2 hours of clear imagining - a lot of the subs I took though were pretty dire - I think in reality whilst it looked clear to the eye there was a lot of moisture in the air, and maybe some high cloud too.
      After calibration I was down to 10 good subs of 180seconds. Decided to quickly process it today to practice, a few tweaks to reduce smaller stars (I prefer the look slightly) other than that I havent done too much - will wait for more data.
      Im just so happy the clouds cleared for a while, I had to share!

    • By Lynx1971
      During recent night I've managed to take only 50 minutes of OIII in narrowband so I could add to previously gathered Hydrogen.
      This is more like experiment as it is my first bicolor image.
      Scope: Skywatcher Evostar 80ED DS-Pro with flattener
      Mount: NEQ6-Pro
      Camera: QHY168C
      Filter Baader 7nm H-alpha , Baader O-III CCD
      Guiding camera: ZWO ASI120MC
      Guiding scope: finderscope
      16x300s exposure at -10°C (80 min total) in H-Alpha
      10x300s exposure at -10°C (50 min total) in OIII

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.