Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield.jpg.36065d79cb2625eb299137a5b4432c96.jpg

michaelmorris    1,594

Being off sick last week, I spent the time I wasn't sleeping or lounging around feeling sorry for myself starting putting together the quiz for SGL SP2018.  Anyway, to cut a long story short it took a lot less time than I expected and it is now finished!  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

cjdawson    573

hmm, can we have topics, so that those of use who are not good at these things can have a year to swat up?

michaelmorris    1,594
19 minutes ago, cjdawson said:

hmm, can we have topics, so that those of use who are not good at these things can have a year to swat up?

Yes, that's not a problem.  The topics will be

Round 1 - an astronomy-related subject

Round 2 - something to do with astronomy

Round 3 - astronomical stuff

Round 4 - High altitude skateboard maintenance  (just kidding, it'll be something to do with astronomy again)

Round 5 - Some questions in this round will not be in anyway connected with medieval dentistry - probably.

I hope this helps.  :icon_biggrin:

Edited by michaelmorris
  • Haha 1

cjdawson    573

Got it.    So I need to spend the next 11 months learning all about "quark interactions on a molecular level" and that'll just about cover it. :)

• Like 1

michaelmorris    1,594
14 hours ago, cjdawson said:

Got it.    So I need to spend the next 11 months learning all about "quark interactions on a molecular level" and that'll just about cover it. :)

Yep 😀

Davey-T    9,261

I think it was far too tricky this year Michael, it needs dumbing down so we all have a chance, especially considering that some of us may / will have consumed a not inconsiderable amount of alcoholic beverage by the time the quiz starts :drunken_smilie:

Plus many of us know sweet about double stars etc so something like what is the nearest star to the Earth would be good :grin:

On the plus side the pictures from Sci Fi movies was a stroke of genius :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas :icon_santa:

Dave

• Like 1

Ally8446    180
22 hours ago, Davey-T said:

I think it was far too tricky this year Michael, it needs dumbing down so we all have a chance, especially considering that some of us may / will have consumed a not inconsiderable amount of alcoholic beverage by the time the quiz starts :drunken_smilie:

Plus many of us know sweet about double stars etc so something like what is the nearest star to the Earth would be good :grin:

On the plus side the pictures from Sci Fi movies was a stroke of genius :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas :icon_santa:

Dave

What Davey said 😁

Ally8446    180
20 minutes ago, lulu57 said:

May I suggest a round about astrology? :wink::grin:

Can I suggest you don't 😉🤔