sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Had my longest session ever, 6hours, last night/this morning.

Started off last night on the Flaming Star then had a go at Orion's Head and finally a few subs on the Rosette.

Flaming Star.
18x600secs Atik 383L, Samyang 135mm f2 Astrodon 5nm Ha filter.
flamingstar.jpg

Next, went over to Orion's Head, all of it still does'nt fit on 135mm. :icon_biggrin:
12x600secs Atik 383L, Samyang 135mm f2 Astrodon 5nm Ha filter
orionhead.jpg

and finally The Rosette
8x600secs Atik 383L, Samyang 135mm f2 Astrodon 5nm Ha filter
rose.jpg

• Like 14

Nice. Sometimes B&W can be more impressive than colour, on my monitor it appears as a slight cast of yellow which makes the images slightly warmer than a dense black and white. Was that on purpose or a malfunction of my monitor?

Del

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Alfredo Beltran
      Hi
      This is my version of the Rosette nebula using the Hubble and taken with the ASI071 OSC camera. Telescope was a C925 EdgeHD with Hyperstar lens.

Exposure time: 4hr 50 min in total at unity gain
      2hr 00 min (24 x 5 min) Ha
      1h 15 min (55 x 5 min) OIII
      1hr 35 min (19 x 5 min) SII
      This setup is awesome. A few years ago such an image just could’ve been taken with a monochrome ccd.
      Regards,
      Alfredo
    • By rotatux
      The Rosette Nebula, with its inner star cluster NGC2244
      A pseudo-HDR image because it's the combination of several developments from the same stacking result (could not bring out the colored nebula and master the stars in a single dev).
      Gear: Olympus E-PL6 with Skywatcher 130PDS and CC on Omegon EQ-300 tracking RA
      Capture: 10 × 60s × 3200iso, no darks/flats
      Processing: Regim 3.4, Fotoxx 12.01+
      Site: 50km from Paris, usually Bortle 4-5
    • By MarsG76
      This is the SHO result of my first imaging object with the cooled Canon 40D. 
      Through out the imaging, the camera failed a number of times due to condensation buildup inside and so this is a result of two different 40D bodies and sensors. I captured some HAlpha data with the originally cooled 40D before it failed and the second half of the HAlpha, OIII and SII are captured with the second modded and cooled 40D

Exposures: SII: 30x1200s HII: 30x600s OIII: 30x900s ISO1600
      Telescope: BOSMA Beta RE
       Focal length: 500mm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.