Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
VilleM

M33 - reprocess

Hi, I reprocessed some old data captured 2.10.2016 using new arcsinhStretch in PixInSight. I have some h-alpha data too, but for this version I only used LRGB to avoid reddish hue that I cant get rid of if I use my H-alpha too to blend in with my red channel.

L 23x180s + R/G/B 7x180s, total exposure time 132 minutes.
C&C welcome. :)

M33-lrgb-1920px.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, andyboy1970 said:

Very nice, can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger and buy PI.

try explaining that one to the mrs 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alan4908
      I've often wondered how my post processing skills have changed over the years, so I decided to find out by extracting some data which I acquired c2.5 years ago and performing a reprocess on M33.  The LRGB image with an Ha blend into the red channel represents just over 15 hours and was taken with my ED80 on my NEQ6. 
      The main post processing differences are:
      - I corrected for a slight camera tilt via PS, this results in slightly oddly shaped stars towards the edges of the frame. You should be able to see theses defects in the old image if you zoom in.
      - PI's Photometric Colour Calibration was used on the new image. 
      - PI's HDMRT was used on the Lum to increase the contrast (before I used the PS High Pass Filter)
      - PI's Dark Script Enhance was used to enhance the galaxies dust lanes.
      So, still a mixture of PS and PI but now with more PI.
      Alan
      (My original result from 2.5 years ago is in the album Deep Sky II). 
    • By alan4908
      I've often wondered how my post processing skills have changed over the years, so I decided to find out by extracting some data which I acquired c2.5 years ago and performing a reprocess on M33. 
      The LRGB image with an Ha blend into the red channel represents just over 15 hours and was taken with my ED80 on my NEQ6. 
      (If you want to have a look at my original result from 2.5 years ago have a look in my album Deep Sky II). 

Alan
      LIGHTS:  L:15, R:9, G:10, B: 12 x 600s; H: 15 x 1800s. DARKS:30; BIAS:100; FLATS:40 all at -20C. 
    • By AstroAndy
      Hi all
      My recent rendition of the Triangulum Galaxy (M33, NGC 598) in the constellation Triangulum at about 2.5 million light years, luminance, 20x5min., Atik 314L at -10 degrees, SW200P, guiding w/ 9x50 finderscope and PHD2, no flats, altogether 100min. worth of exposure. I had to do an awful lot of wizardry to get rid of light pollution effects.
      Andy

• By Marci
      15x240s@ISO800 Colour (EOS650D)
      15x240s@ISO800 HII (EOS1000D FSM + 12nm HII)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.