Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing sites in Dengie Peninsula

dark star

I am planning to go to the Dengue Peninsula in Essex to stargaze tonight as it looks like it should be pretty dark. Does anyone know a good place to park up and observe there, preferably with little or no through traffic? I have finally got a car so can at last get to dark sites!

Or I might try the site in Margaret Roding. Although I tried to find it once in daylight and couldn't. Could anyone give me the coordinates of the Margaret Roding site in a form that can be entered in a sat nav? I have already discovered that post codes don't work very well in the countryside!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made it out to MR a couple of weeks ago. It was great, apart from everything dewed up on my 14 inch truss dobsonian! Secondary mirror, eyepieces and Telerad, also I think the primary a bit. I have bought a 12v hairdryer and am going to make a shroud for the next trip. It was really nice to see a lot more stars in Leo than I normally do from my back garden!

Archived