SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit 80 or 100

Thanks Ray, seems like I could have saved a small fortune with that Lakeside, did you make the bracket up you self or have it made, what software and controller are you using?

Ron has just come back to me and said they make an adapter for $59, just can't work out why he never mentioned this when I bought everything else from him :-(

I specifically gave him a run down of my kit and the only thing he said I needed was the flange to change the focuser to work with the Esprit......grrr more £'s and delays and frustrations.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not meaning to hijack this thread but I'm contemplating an Esprit 80 or 100 and since I'm having much problems with my present focuser on an 80mm Meade 5000 clone, I wonder if any of you with experience of the Esprits are happy with the Skywatcher focusers? Being able to run consistent V-curves with a stock focuser would be great.

/Lars

Lars, the stock focuser on my Esprit 100 is excellent and probably every bit as good as the Moonlite, had I known then I would probably have saved myself a fortune and bought a Lakeside Motor as recommended by @RayD. It was too late as I wanted to use my new Moonlite that I bought for my ED80.

Archived