Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Noooo!!!!

Whippy

Unbelieveable. Just un-believable. Last night's conditions were much better than Thursday's and the clouds cleared by 11pm so a quick setup and another stint on the crescent nebula. I thought I'll give it some proper time and I duly caught nearly 2 3/4 hours of data. After stacking and as soon as I started processing in Photoshop... 4hrs, 6 mins (41 x 6 mins) of exposure time here.

8555_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

All the optical surfaces looked clean when I added them all together but in closer inspection, there seems to be a small blotch on the window of the camera :D. Can't say I'm chuffed. Nevermind, We'll try again soon...

Tony..

You still caught a lot of detail Tony , this one can prove hard at times , like you i have given it loads of time and the detail was not huely great , the last time i done it with half the exposure time and it was brill , ,something up there Tony , stunting the detail , ,maybe tonight could reveil more .

Rog

Fingers crossed for tonight, if I can stay awake I'll give it another bash. TBH Rog, there's only a couple of rounds of levels and curves done on it so I'm hoping given some blotch free subs I can go to town on the processing. We shall see :D ....

Tony..

It's most likely that the blob is on the chip glass cover in which case you can sort it out by doing some flats, doesn't matter that much if the camera is rotated differently. You might be red hot with flats Tony but if you need any help we can sort some out at Kelling, just don't change the focus position of the scope!

Archived