SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Rotherham

PhotonAbsorber

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Floater About 2hrs after starting this topic the clouds cleared and I got outside to use my scope (probably first time in about a year... :embarrassed:).  Need to get used to working in low red light.  Had a great time looking at M45 and I've got a list of things I need to do to make future viewing more of a pleasure including briefing new neighbors (house opposite) who were out having a vape/smoke and might have been wondering what a bloke with a red head torch was doing fumbling around in his shed. 

@gtis Nice to know there's someone close by; are you a member of MSAS? I was for about a year but then stopped because my work pattern changed and although I could have fraught it they didn't do much practical work although some of the talks were good.

@Dave S Yeah that's where I bought my scope from and a few accessories.

@cletrac1922 Yeah it's working ok - I changed the roof because it was too heavy; the shed I bought was marketed as a Security Shed and it is really quite sturdy but what comes with that is the weight, including the roof.  I built the new roof (quite proud of that because for someone like me that knows as much about joinery as I do about hand gliding it's quite an achievement) and it fits really well slides on and off much easier than the original one.

@westmarch It did, got a couple of bolts the stop it from moving - that said I think us in tropical-south yorkshire didn't feel the full force of Brian, the penines do a great job of sheilding us :smiley:

@Dave In Vermont Thanks will do

8 hours ago, PhotonAbsorber said:

@gtis Nice to know there's someone close by; are you a member of MSAS? I was for about a year but then stopped because my work pattern changed and although I could have fraught it they didn't do much practical work although some of the talks were good.

No I am member of WADAS

http://www.wakefieldastronomysociety.co.uk/

Archived