First time traveller with scope

Evening everyone,

I am shortly to be away in Germany (Mosel) for a month or two and will be taking my new TV85. I just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row equipment wise... I will be purely visual.

I will be taking the scope with a 24 pan, Baader mkiv zoom, nagler 6-3, starbeam, red torch/headlight and mounting on my 3 series Gitzo.

I will have my laptop and ipad 

My question is what, inevitably, have I overlooked?

Regards

Simon

That's a nice set of kit, I loved my TV85.

Only thing I can think of is some dew protection kit. Heading into Autumn the dew can be heavy so perhaps worth considering a small dew controller and a dew strip for the objective, perhaps one for the eyepiece too.

I don't know about European customs, but when leaving and then returning to the US, you need to make sure you have receipts showing you purchased the items in the US prior to departure and not while you were abroad to avoid paying import duties upon your return.

2 hours ago, Louis D said:

I don't know about European customs, but when leaving and then returning to the US, you need to make sure you have receipts showing you purchased the items in the US prior to departure and not while you were abroad to avoid paying import duties upon your return.

Travelling around the European Union is a custom free zone.

On 22. Oktober 2017 at 20:38, Simoncwr said:

My question is what, inevitably, have I overlooked?

Yes The weather,i have only had about Five Sessions this year as the weather has been absolutly terrible nearly every night  clouds for the whole year.

Thanks for the replies, Sorry to be tardy in response. Customs is a non issue as although Guernsey is not in the EU we have reciprocal agreements, good points re insurance and dew control, finder is a starbeam, I do not do physical media so no books for me and yes I had forgotten the binos lol, pair of Olympus 8 bys ordered:)

Thanks again all

Archived