SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PST 40 or Lunt 50, Help !!

pluton

1 hour ago, garryblueboy said:

Usually around 5-10mins depending on outside temperature 

Thats what was said on the Daystar video clips online. I suppose it doesnt really matter though because the Sun light takes 8 mins to arrive. Its not as if you are going to miss anything while you wait.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

1 hour ago, garryblueboy said:

Found them a bit to much faffing about really waiting for them to come on band and eyepiece selection bit critical prefer the set up I have now 

Yeah, the faffing about waiting for it to come on band and choice of EP might be irksome. 

What setup do you have now?

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

• 1 month later...

The PST vs lunt 50 thing: when i went to a store to see the lunt 50 and the pst , i found  the pst looks pretty good and light weight , then i looked to the lunt the lunt looked like a tank, bigger and Well build with nice red and white accents .I though o my good....( the lunt blind my eye for a moment with iTS PT etalon) god thanks the pst was also looking good and with iTS built in solar finder. I was going with the pst becource i ask  mr s ramsden  a few days befor witch of the two is best for the money ( espesially in holland) he say: "i prefer the fews through the pst." i have it and i think at this moment to save money for the stack. Instead go messing my mind with Aperture and other things.....or not? Thanks! ( other wise i maby had save for the scope witch had blind my eyes first who knows.....) let my say one more thing aboud this, that MABY even the fews  Through both scopes are verry  different and that some prefer the lunt others the pst and so on........

Edited by andre2

• 2 years later...
22 minutes ago, tico said:

A question:  the colour of the visual image in the PST 40 is the same that in the Lunt 50 ? red? or red in the PST and he orange in the Lunt 50 ?

Thanks.

Resurrecting an old thread :D

Never having used a Lunt, I would expect that the colours should be pretty much the same in both.  The system filters out all light except a proportion of that at a specific wavelength (about 656nm), which has a specific colour.  To change the colour seems like a significant and unnecessary complication.

James

• Like 1