Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WO Star 71 II auto-focus

Has anyone installed auto-focuson theirs yet?  I assume the focuser is the same as the previous model and would like confirmation that removal of the focus wheel (thermometer side) is simply a matter of grub screw removal etc?  I have loosened it but it didn't seem to allow the wheel to move, and I wondered if it needs to come all the way out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just now, Davey-T said:

Fitted a Lakeside on my Mk 1 and 2 there are 2 grub screws on some of them and they're not opposite to each other as you would think but rather something like 45 degrees apart.

Dave

Thanks Dave, yes just found the other one so all sorted.

Will be doing the same some point soon (need to buy a case first and leave everything attached). This is definitely going to help.

Only other thing i need to figure out is which ones of these bad boys is going to work with my 8" EdgeHD SCT as well because ideally i'd like to keep the same make focuser on both

35 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Will be doing the same some point soon (need to buy a case first and leave everything attached). This is definitely going to help.

Only other thing i need to figure out is which ones of these bad boys is going to work with my 8" EdgeHD SCT as well because ideally i'd like to keep the same make focuser on both

You can use the lakeside on a SCT but I would have thought only on a crayford or R&P focuser, not the stock (I wouldn't stake my life on that though).  I have a moonlite on my SCT as I only really use it for planetary, so don't have to worry about the weight, but use their SM focuser on that.

Be interesting to see if anyone has modded a SCT to use a Lakeside, I've not seen one. 

1 hour ago, RayD said:

You can use the lakeside on a SCT but I would have thought only on a crayford or R&P focuser, not the stock (I wouldn't stake my life on that though).  I have a moonlite on my SCT as I only really use it for planetary, so don't have to worry about the weight, but use their SM focuser on that.

Be interesting to see if anyone has modded a SCT to use a Lakeside, I've not seen one. 

TBH @RayD that's what i'm hoping to find out too. I do not want to hijack this thread of yours so will post it on a new thread and ask there :)

3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Fitted a Lakeside on my Mk 1 and 2 there are 2 grub screws on some of them and they're not opposite to each other as you would think but rather something like 45 degrees apart.

Dave

Dave when the knob is removed and there is a collar left bolted to the focuser, is that removed for the bracket to sit flush against the focuser as it is slightly larger on mine, so would hit it?

Just now, RayD said:

Dave when the knob is removed and there is a collar left bolted to the focuser, is that removed for the bracket to sit flush against the focuser as it is slightly larger on mine, so would hit it?

Yes I removed the collar on mine.

Dave

Archived