SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Couple of Moon pics with Cheap Scope

STAR BLAZER 100

Hey Guys ,

just bought a scope on e-bay the other day :thumbsup:  Its a 3 inch reflector & the model is Pheonix 76700 i think   , it was only $ 80 bucks delivered but surprisingly  good optics !sct.png

I took a couple of Moon pics with my phone just holding the camera to the eye-piece & ordered the  adapter to mount the camera on the scope as it was very difficult to take steady pictures by hand ! waytogo.gif

Looking forward to some clear sky's ,

CHEERSwink.gif

My Telescope.jpg

Full Moon Dark 3_filtered.jpg

Full Moon Dark 2_filtered.jpg

Cresent Moon 1-filtered.jpg

Cresent Moon 2-filtered.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice shots Star blazer. I hope you get some clear skies soon!

I'm partial to a bit of iPhone imaging myself, great fun on the moon and also possible to get the planets (when they are better placed) and I've managed to catch M42 too which is quite amazing for a phone!

Looking forward to seeing some more shots. By the way, I use an app called ProCam 5 on my phone for taking images, it gives you better control of exposure and focus. I then use PS Express to process them a little on the phone.

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Nice shots Star blazer. I hope you get some clear skies soon!

I'm partial to a bit of iPhone imaging myself, great fun on the moon and also possible to get the planets (when they are better placed) and I've managed to catch M42 too which is quite amazing for a phone!

Looking forward to seeing some more shots. 

Cheers Stu ,

i attached the adapter to the camera & got the barrel centered as close as i could on the preview screen :thumbsup: The view on the 20mm looks great & little to no image degradation @ 50% zoom :smile: Should be able to take some better pics of the Moon & perhaps later on try some Planets when the sky's clear ....:clouds1::thumbsup:

Great little scope for the price:thumbsup:

Cheers & Clear Sky's!:smile:

Camera & Scope.jpg

On 25 November 2017 at 08:24, tooth_dr said:

There is a big improvement using the adapter. Great shots!

Finally got a chance to take the camera -adapter for a spin tonight when the clouds glud away....LOL waytogo.gif

Worked pretty- well with the 20mm & camera @ 100% zoom smile.gif Not bad for a $80 buck scope ...LOL

I have more to process & will post then up shortly waytogo.gif

Moon Close-Up 1.jpg

2 minutes ago, STAR BLAZER 100 said:

Finally got a chance to take the camera -adapter for a spin tonight when the clouds glud away....LOL waytogo.gif

Worked pretty- well with the 20mm & camera @ 100% zoom smile.gif Not bad for a $80 buck scope ...LOL

I have more to process & will post then up shortly waytogo.gif

Moon Close-Up 1.jpg

LOL I see now that you didnt use the adapter, well you must have been off the drink then as they looked better!! Keep the updates coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived