SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sardinia Observatory visit

Astrofriend

Hi,
My girlfriend and I have just come back from Sardinia island in Italy. One thing we did down there was to visit an amateur observatory. We did didn't plan to do this in advance so we just go up there to see if we could find anyone there. No luck with that but we got a very beautiful view from the summit.

Here are a couple of photos from the place:
http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/observatory-sites/sardinia-observatory/sardinia-observatory.html

What a dream, 1100 meters altitude!

There is also a link to the astronomy club, if you plan a visit in advance you maybe will get a chance to have the guided tour, I think they have one every Friday with clear sky.

A very nice place, visit it if you are nearby!

/Lars

Hi Kevin,

Yes it was really a wonderful place, just want to go back to that place now and bring the telescope with me. I think they do observing all year around! I live in wrong country.

You must also have hobbies in the summer, Vette is now replaced by a gas saving Crossfire, no place to store the telescope in it :-(

Lars

Archived