Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Geo Tagged Photos

astro_al

Is this a new feature for members albums? I just added three photos and noticed that there was a Google map showing my location. I turned it off for each image but was wondering if it can be turned off for the album? None of my other recent photos using the same camera phone showed the location?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just think of all the money the UK can save by closing MI5, MI6 and GCHQ down.

All they will need to do soon is ask Google. Who will likely have more information on you/anyone and be able to get it quicker.

And it all started as a half decent search engine.

Think it could be time to resurrect my Canon T90 film camera.

Geo tagging linked to picture EXIF data or location from where it was posted data added during upload? 

If it GPS data added by the camera than you can turn off Geo tagging, otherwise disable location services on all devices.... this was a issue on facebook in the past... major security breach, especially for kids.

15 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Geo tagging linked to picture EXIF data or location from where it was posted data added during upload?

From the EXIF data.

I don't really want to turn it off on the device because it is useful information for my photo albums elsewhere. It is just not something I have seen on SGL before. I have recent photos using the same device that I uploaded to SGL and the Geo tag data wasn't used. I guess I am not clear if this is a new feature to SGL albums or a change to my device that I was unaware of - I am assuming the the former so was hoping I could turn it off for my SGL account. I will just need to remember to edit each photo after upload or use my old Canon DSLR.

Thanks for all the replies.

11 hours ago, astro_al said:

From the EXIF data.

I don't really want to turn it off on the device because it is useful information for my photo albums elsewhere. It is just not something I have seen on SGL before. I have recent photos using the same device that I uploaded to SGL and the Geo tag data wasn't used. I guess I am not clear if this is a new feature to SGL albums or a change to my device that I was unaware of - I am assuming the the former so was hoping I could turn it off for my SGL account. I will just need to remember to edit each photo after upload or use my old Canon DSLR.

Thanks for all the replies.

Or use a app/program to strip the EXIF data pre posting... I use "EXIF Eraser" on my iPhone and there is also EXIF Eraser for windows... http://download.cnet.com/Free-Exif-Eraser/3000-12511_4-75289373.html

If you Google it, there's plenty of programs to remove EXIF data.

Archived