SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My ongoing frustrations with polar alignment with the star adventurer seem to be receding with practice !! Funny that ! 

Despite my modded 40d running out of battery before I could get any decent shots (poor preparation on my part)......and backyard Eos deciding to shut down after only six of a planned 30 exposure run (any ideas why that could be?) ...it's brand new download and purchase as well ?.......despite all of that, I'm pretty pleased with this.....

canon 1000d, 70-300mm stock lens set at 100mm, iso1600, 6X120 seconds, 10Xdark, 30Xbias, stacked in dss and processed in gimp.

all comment and criticism welcomed.

cheers, Andy

LMC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, have just today returned from Chile where I attempted to image the Megalenic clouds, when I get some processing done I might or might not post, depends on how they look:icon_biggrin:. But that is a beaut!

Huw

Archived