Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sadr Region, LRGB, 3nm Ha

nucdoc

Collected this data at the end of the summer and into early september.  Spent some time learning how to use Ps for star reduction and combining LRGB with the Ha data, this is my first attempt using Ps for this, the basic processing and LRGB is done in PI

I have not figured out how to tame Sadr, nonetheless I find this part of the sky amazing with the combination of dark and bright interspersed with Ha regions

As always criticism welcome

Mark

HA_LRGB_Image04_DBEFinalPsSm.thumb.png.6c5cd5425d0f55386f96aa8799a4e71d.png

Takahashi FSQ 106N f/5

Imaging camera: Atik 383L+ mono

Mount: Meade LX850 Starlock

Software: Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)PixInsight Main Sequence Software SequenceGeneratorPro 2.4

Filters: Astronomik LRGB IIc Chroma Ha 3nm

Resolution: 5170x3994

Frames: 
Astronomik LRGB IIc: 48x600" -20C bin 1x1
Chroma Ha 3nm: 12x1800" -20C bin 1x1

Integration: 14.0 hours

Darks: ~25

Flats: ~25

Bias: ~25

Pixel scale: 1.317 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: 181.334 degrees

Field radius: 1.195 degrees

Locations: Home, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

http://astrob.in/317008/0/

Do you have the Ha copy of the image, it would be nice to see this?
I only have experience of combining LRGB images so cannot offer any valid points on the Ha & LRGB process.

My thoughts are that the stars are a little too saturated, I would also expect to see more detail on a 14 hour image.
Having looked at your AstroBin site I see you are getting very nice results with Ha only and other combined Ha & LRGB but I think this image may still have more to offer?

18 hours ago, Droogie 2001 said:

Do you have the Ha copy of the image, it would be nice to see this?
I only have experience of combining LRGB images so cannot offer any valid points on the Ha & LRGB process.

My thoughts are that the stars are a little too saturated, I would also expect to see more detail on a 14 hour image.
Having looked at your AstroBin site I see you are getting very nice results with Ha only and other combined Ha & LRGB but I think this image may still have more to offer?

Thanks for your suggestions, yes I agree too saturated, it is a chronic problem with me, never know when to stop, I will reprocess the LRGB with less saturation and see if I can pull a bit more out.  The duration is a bit deceiving as of the 14 hours, 7.5hrs are Ha subs of 30 min each.  Reflects the lack of moon free cloudless nights I have been having.  I have added the the Ha image below

Mark

drizzle_integration_HaMasterLin_DBEF.thumb.png.d22e05a4b964373421d233097e3a5cc4.png

Ha looks nice. Certainly more subs will help reduce any noise. I know from expereince going from 9 lights to 18 lights made a big improvement on this noise levels.
One of the downsides I guess with taking longer subs is that there are less frames during the imaging session.

Will be heading down the Bicolour route soon so will likely come across this issue as well.

Archived