Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron 25mm LER of 32mm - 1.25 ins

No, I don't have this one, but I do have the Celestron Regal Zoom.  It is very nice across the field with just a bit of astigmatism toward the edge.  It is usable at all focal lengths with eyeglasses and requires very little refocusing between focal lengths.  It is very smooth to zoom.  I measured it at 44 to 63 degrees AFOV and 13mm to 15mm of usable eye relief with the eyecup screwed off, though it views more like 17mm of usable eye relief.  I'm thinking zooms' eye relief is tricky to measure via projection.

Given that Nikon, Pentax & Vixen are all made with spotting scopes as much or more than astronomy ones in mind, and that their designs are all very comfortable to use, perhaps the compromise of smaller FOV (and some optical features), but larger eye relief than exclusive Astro scope eps is worth more consideration. 

The Celestron zoom you have and 25mm I am considering, are handily dual purpose. 

LER binoculars advertising an eye relief seem more accurate. I have a pair of Swift Osprey with 19mm ER which is fine wearing glasses, and Nikon Prostaff 5 10x50 which has almost too much (eye cups down in each case) at just a couple mm more. 

Archived