Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

Here is my second submission to the competition.

After previously trying to image the Heart Nebula in Broadband it was great to get a chance to have a go in Narrowband.

Image details are:

Scope: William Optics Star 71
Mount: Celestron AVX
Camera: Moravian G2-8300 – Mono
Filter: Chroma Ha 3nm
18x1500s exposures (7.5 hours) at -25c
30x Flats & BIAS (SuperBIAS)

Imaged over August and October 2017
Processed in PixInsight & Photoshop

Thanks for looking.

Heart_Nebula_3_Nights_PS_Test2_Morph.thumb.png.674869c72c224fa1a5f70f85325c633b.png

Edited by Droogie 2001
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StaceStar
      Hi still learning the ropes with my new Hypercam 183c pro

i took this image of the heart nebula the other evening, and now I realise I want a scope with a shorter focal length haha.

22x 240s stacked and calibrated in PI. Final touch up in PS 2018
      SW ED80 DS pro with Altair light wave 0.8 reducer. Heq5 pro, Altair astro hypercam 183c pro. Guided. 

• By PeterW
      @Stu, @GavStar and myself met up for a bit of club observing Thursday night… cloudy so good that we met down the pub. Someone (not sure who) pointed out it was clear, so we headed out to stand and chat under clouds with a chill breeze for more than 2hours waiting for the skies to comply with Sat24. Finally we spotted what looked like the edge of the clouds… the others got ready to polar align. OK observing under a near full moon is not ideal.. but it does help with setup and checking your charts! 
      So what to look for… using Gavins new  “magic eyepiece” we headed straight for the Horsehead, just visible, the flame slightly more so above. We were using a TEC160 on a goto panther mount, with 55mm plossl and the TNVC adapter to the intensifier, using  a 6nm hydrogen alpha filter to “help”. The gain control worked really well to tune the balance of brightness (and noise) vs detail. The “white phosphor” giving a very neutral and “natural” view.
      Right, where next? Up to the jellyfish ic443, nice gentle curve easily visible, checked on the monkeyhead nearby. We then cruised down to the seagull which filled the view and then tried to ferret out the medusa Nebula… it evaded us this time. Swept over the the pacman, the heart and then the California nebula. The latter as two broad nebulous bands crossing the field of view. We need to try a smaller scope to give a bigger field of view for these really big nebulae.
      Swapped in a longpass filter and checked on M35 which looked great, M3? and then M81/82, very clear dark lane in the latter.. Clouds finally made a return and we packed up the wrong side of 1am, feet nearly frozen solid. Seemed like many of the streetlights had turned off as well, which is interesting to note. Going to be fun to poke this setup at nebulae when the skies are a little bit more conducive to observing.
      PeterW

• By CCD Imager
      Here's another wide field Hubble palette nebula, this time the Heart Nebula taken with an FSQ and ASI 1600MM Cool, All images unguided on a 10 mincron GM2000

• By AlastairW
      Melotte 15

Skwatcher 130pds
      ASI1600mm-c (-15)
      7nm Baader Ha

10x5min lights
      No darks, flats or bias
    • By AlastairW
      IC1805

Skwatcher 130pds
      ASI1600mm-c (-15)
      7nm Baader Ha

10x5min lights
      No darks, flats or bias

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.