Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL2017 Picture thread

Helen

Just now, Beulah said:

@PhotoGav, that video was absolutely brilliant and a massive effort to put together.

Please can you let me know which artist created the eletronic ambient soundtrack? I discovered them on Spotify earlier on this year but cannot remember the band name - I know it had commentary, etc.

Thank you! The spacey track is Eternity by Stellardrone. The voice is Carl Sagan talking about the Voyager mission looking back at the 'pale blue dot'.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add my twopence worth. Rough draft of M31 from the Friday night (best shot I've got of it so far. Many subs of RGB, etc)).

And for those that weren't still there for the tail end of storm Ophelia, the big top performed admirably. No clowns died.

M31 draft v1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've looked through all three pages - no big Dobs there, or did I miss them?  I love those  shots just taken through terrestrial cameras of the night sky that show all the stars that could be seen in the sky, I'd love to take something like that with my camera on a tripod - are they single shots or are folks still stacking?

On 05/12/2017 at 13:22, JOC said:

I've looked through all three pages - no big Dobs there, or did I miss them?  I love those  shots just taken through terrestrial cameras of the night sky that show all the stars that could be seen in the sky, I'd love to take something like that with my camera on a tripod - are they single shots or are folks still stacking?

Mine are all single frames apart from the on I posted in the chit chat thread which was ten minutes of subs stacked

Oh dear, this could be the start of a new trend.

Artesky are probably looking at this thread.

Dobsonian covers 'can also be used to subdue your other half for several hours' .

Imagine the sales

I am joking of course > eeek

Happy Christmas all, and I look forward to the next SGL star party

6 hours ago, Helen said:

15 inch Obsession compact dob

This sounds like a contradiction in terms!

Mind you I can understand them not all being present - it must take real dedication to the cause to transport them around the country and set them up.

3 hours ago, JOC said:

This sounds like a contradiction in terms!

Mind you I can understand them not all being present - it must take real dedication to the cause to transport them around the country and set them up.

Well it does fold down to this!

IMG_20170429_225802.thumb.jpg.14114a5926178df7641c55d0e12af774.jpg

and is minimalist when set up :wink:

IMG_20170429_234345.thumb.jpg.df68370d7cfe426a991bbf7d7ecc2de9.jpg

Helen

Archived