Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

130pds dslr focusing issue

Hi all  hope everyone is good I am still learning this expensive hobby I was out last night for a brief play and found when attaching my Nikon dslr to the scope I was unable to reach focus . And help would be greatly appreciated . 

Thanks stuart

You need a 2" 'nose' adaptor the screws directly to your T ring.  I assume you have the 48mm T ring? You then insert that directly into the focuser thereby bringing your sensor much closer to the secondary mirror.   

Hmm. Wait for someone with a 130PDS to come along because you will need to factor in a coma corrector to future proof your set up. I used to own one a few years back but my memory is not good enough to recall the solution I came up with although I recall it was Baader kit.

And when you get the 2" coma corrector, you replace that last adaptor with the cc. The cc also takes a light pollution filter in its front, should you need one.

Btw, make sure you tighten the screws in your focuser when you use that adaptor. You don't want your camera to fall off.

On 10/15/2017 at 13:30, Pid said:

I think i may have just found the part i had obviously lost seems to fit lets keep fingers crossed. 

Thanks Stuart 

150807055375870638197.jpg

Yes that's the correct piece though I found the one that came with the scope (that one) was very poor and actually caused tilt. It will be ok until you cet a coma corrector but I would not think of it as a long term solution. 

• Like 1

That's the bit you need.  Just for future reference I have been amazed at the sheer number of interesting bits that I can divide larger objects up into.  Big objects that post into focuser units are often sneakily filled with threads that allow you to dismantle them into lovely useful looking lumps covered in useable threads.  Even if they don't look like they come apart at first glance.  I've even discovered a certain amount of useful dismantlement in my Barlow unit!  It's well worth giving apparently conjoined lumps a bit of a twist to see if they unexpectedly unscrew!

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys all of you thumbs up just need some clear skies now to give it a test.

See what I fancy shooting as my first ever target .

thanks Stuart