Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SYNC issue using EQMOD, Maxim and TheSky6

jimao22

Hi,

After 6 months of waiting for the new deep-sky camera to reach my observatory,I discovered I have a real problem. All this time, the system was used only several times, with the purpose to make some deep-sky images using a planetary camera (an ASI 174 mono - see the topic HERE ).

Using the set-up for this kind of images, the usual way to acquire images  was altered. At some point I discovered that is more easy and reliable to make a synchronization from TheSky6 and not from MaximDL, as usual. This is the history.

Yesterday night and the night before, after installing my new CCD camera on the rig, I started to redo the adjustments in order to have a good alignment, a good focus and have some decent pictures to evaluate the camera. But at this point, I had a nasty surprise. I inserted some screen shots to understand better what I want to explain (and perhaps I will not do it well because of my English).

When I pointed in The Sky to a star and sent the "slew" command, the cross-hair on TheSky6 show me that the telescope is pointing to that star. But looking to the small planetarium from MaximDL, I sow that the crosshair here is not pointing exactly to that star, but a little bit apart from it, which shouldn't happened... 

Trying to synchronize the scope in Maxim with the star position, the scope stopped to move in sidereal. Actually, he stop at all. Doing the same thing first time in Maxim and then in TheSky, an error message from TheSky appeared. 

After rebooting the computer and started again all the programs, same thing happens. Sometimes, when first syncronizing in Maxim and then in TheSky, the error does not appear but the crosshair is jumping apart from the star in one program when is pointing in the other one and other way around...

i am desperate, because I do not understand what is happen. 

Could anyone to give me a hint, please? Had anyone a similar problem before? How can I erase the sky model from TheSky and put it back on the same alignment with the model from Maxim (which apparently work good stand alone in conjunction with EQMOD)? 

1.jpg

2.jpg

No, I didn't. But I checked right now and I sow that TheSky have both J2000 and JNOW active in the information box for the objects. Maxim is set on J2000 by me. 

Anyway, I didn't changed any setings in both programs from my last normal use of the mount.

On 13/10/2017 at 18:57, jimao22 said:

How can I erase the sky model from TheSky

You don't. The model is held by EQMOD. You need to click the little Delete icon next to the counter of sync points on the main EQMOD screen.

If Maxim is set to use EQMOD (ASCOM) as the driver, then both Maxim and TheSky6 will be looking at the same model...

Archived