Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tilt?

spillage

Evening All,

Really scratching my head to work out what the issue is. I have it in my head that its tilt and I need to adjust the focuser.

This is from my 130pds and 500d with a baader mk111 cc and baader t2 adaptor.

Due to work I am on limited time and was planning to have a proper look tonight but its just clouded over, any help or suggestions really would be appreciated.

This is 300s at iso 800, just a .cr converted to .jpg pa seems good and phd2 was showing about .23.

test.jpg

On 12/10/2017 at 22:30, spillage said:

its tilt

I think so. You're too close at the top and slightly too far at the bottom. If it's the standard sw focuser, then it's a case of hit and miss as to whether the thumb screws are gonna tilt the camera as you tighten them. With only 2 screws, it's never gonna be easy to hold it square anyway. Just do your best ant try to keep the camera pressed hard but evenly as you tighten the screws. It's also possible to tap another screw to make it a little more even. One of the weak links in sw focusers in general at this price point I think. HTH

Archived