Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion mystery

alhiggs

ok imagine your looking at Orion nebula directly below is a bright star but slightly to right of that star is a fainter that seems to be moving around would this observation be possible with 20x80 binoculars 

12 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

A good satellite-tracking program can help determine if it's a satellite & which satellite. PreviSat is my favorite by far - FREE!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/previsat/

It doesn't list all the satellites up there - maybe 60% - as the rest are 'CLASSIFIED.'

Go figure,

Dave

@Dave In Vermont you always have the insight into the goodies.  I am going to download this!

5 hours ago, Hayduke27 said:

Dave, you always have the insight into the goodies.  I am going to download this!

Such is why I maintain what I call (accurately) 'The Miles O' Files.' I read an interview with some people who design all sorts of useful software-programs. They were asked why they were giving it away free. They explained that if they sold it, then someone would come along and manage to steal it and sell it themselves - and engage in a pricing-war with the actual writers. So as to defeat would-be criminal jerks who'd rip it off - they give it away freely. Money can be made in other ways which can't be stolen. Such as allowing ads on their download sites, etc.

This is why I say 'The best stuff is free!' :p

Have fun -

Dave

Archived