Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Video display units for video astronomy.

You pays your money and takes your choice (as always) I used to use a cheap car reversing analogue screen(£30) as this plugged directly into the camera(or visa versa) - Res was not good but could be used in mobile situations as it used 12v(it actually attached to my cars rear view mirror). Else you will need to "convert" the analogue to digital using a video grabber or a DVR - then you can view the images on any monitor attached to your pc or just use a laptop.

e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-3-Inch-TFT-LCD-Color-Screen-Mirror-Monitor-for-Car-Rear-View-Reversing-Camera-/182628527642?hash=item2a85822e1a

A portable TV will do ok,, just use a bnc to RCA adapter and RCA cable to the TV.

And as old stash says a usb  videovideo er is the hardware the majority of us use or have used,, steer clear of the cheap eBay ones,, just not worth the money, the genuine easycap is brilliant, and you can get a decent one from maplins as well.

I use multiple analogue cameras at times on my kit and I link them to a CCTV 4 channel DVR with a 1.5tb hard drive,, the av of the DVR I put in a three way splitter and send an av feed to a monitor, the other feed I link to the easycap video grabber and link to a laptop,, and works very well.

Archived