Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Texas

cosmic cactus

Greetings, all.

While astronomy has been one of my life-long fascinations, I am completely new to telescope ownership and all that it entails, though I have wanted to make that leap for quite some time.

After making the decision to finally purchase one, I started lurking around the astronomy forums and reading various articles to get an idea of the type of telescope I would get the most enjoyment out of. After mulling over the information I eventually narrowed it down to a Dobsonian, and after more consideration for price and portability, I eventually settled on the 10" for- in particular-  better DSO viewing-- so, my Apertura AD10 will be delivered before the end of this week.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I finally received it yesterday evening, assembled everything this morning, and collimated (I assume correctly). I didn't check that the laser collimator is itself properly collimated.

The telescope is even larger than I assumed it would be!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived