Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_nb_dso.jpg.eb6cd158659331fd13e71470af6da381.jpg

Davesellars

COMPLETED - SOLD - Skywatcher SWA-70 Eyepieces

Davesellars    852

Available separately.  Priced per eyepiece.  All come with end caps but no boxes.  I took off the annoying  screw on each one that means otherwise you have to slot it correctly into a 2" - 1.25" adapter (never saw the point of it...)  All fit 2" or 1.25" focsuer (dual purpose).  As they are heavy eyepieces I really highly recommend you fit in to 2" hardware though!  Excellent eyepieces for scopes slower than ~ f/6.5.

70 degrees AFOV.  20mm Eye relief.  Eye guard screws to adjust height.  Very comfortable design!  All are in at least very good condition.

22mm - £45

17mm (like new used only a few times) - £52

13mm - £45

8mm - £45

5mm - £45

Postage £5 each or for multiple eyepieces will calculate based on the weight.

Payment via Paypal or Bank Transfer.

Edited by Davesellars

Mikyg    80

Hi dave, do you have any pictures of ths eyepieces? Also what was the srews for exactly? Were they just to hold the 1.25 barrel in or do they have another function? Thanks

Lockie    3,711
18 minutes ago, Mikyg said:

Hi dave, do you have any pictures of ths eyepieces? Also what was the srews for exactly? Were they just to hold the 1.25 barrel in or do they have another function? Thanks

I think he's talking about these:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/clearance/sky-watcher-swa-70-eyepieces.html

The screw looks like it's for locking onto the outside of a 1.25" diagonal or focuser, but I could be wrong.

Davesellars    852

The 1.25" barrel is fixed, as is the 2" barrel.  I never saw the point in this screw and stops you using it in 2" hardware.  I probably have some of the screws somewhere...  but would need to search them out.  However, as mentioned these eyepieces really need to be used in 2" hardware for proper support.

Here's an old picture of the "set" I have...  If you want more pictures please let me know!

Eyepiece set.jpg

Davesellars    852

I'll throw the case in with the set of 5 SWA eyepieces.. obviously there's a couple of holes where there were things before but easily filled with other stuff.

So...  4 x £45 + 1 x £50 (rounded down) = £230 and I'll make that delivered!  Will see the best way to send it with the weight -I'd think by courier may be better than RM. How's that?

Mikyg    80

Ok sounds good to me thanks, can you inbox me your paypal email address please?