Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First time with binoviwers

garryblueboy

Fantastic morning tried out my binoviwers for the first time on my Tak 75 Ha scope and all I can say is wow those proms there was a masive one around 12.50 pm 

the detail is awesome I managed to screw the binos direct to the diagonal no nose piece or glass path so no barlow and focus was just in nice clear 

any comments on how I can get a bit more in focus would be great 

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

Looks great, Garry. Good that you got the BV attached directly to the blocking filter. How did you do that?

Achieving more in-focus seems to be an odyssey ... and I would think you have gone a long way just by achieving that direct connection of BV to BF. Reduction of the glass path is essential, as you obviously realise. Can’t give you any magic tip since I’m on that odyssey myself at the moment!

I have a 1.25 and 1.75 Gpc so will try those.  Floater  I got great focus with just using the T2 on the bino to screw direct on blocking filter just may need a bit more,  thanks Peter and moonshane for the tips I'm looking at getting a badder t2 diagonal that properly help also .

The trick is not to use any GPC ... as any addition to the light path will degredate the image / signal which appears you 

have achieved ... however I require to use a GPC with my 15 , as I refuse to use any Lunt gear , but yes Indeedy I also had 

some amazing views this morning of that big arched prom.

Brian 

Archived