SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Since I've rather limited experience in processing NB data, I thought I'd experiment with trying to get naturally looking star colours with only NB data. 

I started with the traditional SHO palette, modified with the Bob Franke adjustments, see http://bf-astro.com/hubbleP.htm - whilst this yields pleasing colours on the Trunk, it also generated purple star halos, which also penetrated into the nebula and they did not look natural. I therefore parked this result and tried a bi-colour (HOO) approach. In my opinion, this led to less attractive Trunk colours but more naturally coloured stars. I blended the two results in an attempt to get the best of both approaches.

The image was constructed with 30min unguided subs which seem to work well with my 3nm NB filters and generated a reasonable amount of detail. 

Processed in CCDstack, Pixinsight and PS CC and taken with a Esprit 150 on a GM1000HPS.

Alan

59da04c67ff2b_6.Final.thumb.jpg.887785608fd56cd8fcb41dbacc818f3f.jpg

LIGHTS: Ha:12, OIII:16, SII:8 x 1800s. DARKS:30, BIAS:100, FLATS:40 all at -20C. 

Archived