Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

NGC 7635 The Bubble Nebula in Cassiopeia
Imaged using Atik 314L monochrome CCD camera and William Optics FLT-110 refractor on NEQ6 Pro SynScan mount
10 x 300 second subs in H-alpha

image.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mandy D
      I've just bought a Daystar Solar Scout 60mm DS for H-alpha imaging of the Sun. I am now looking for a suitable camera to use with it. I know I could use my DSLR, but for H-alpha that is not going to give best results, so am looking for a dedicated monochrome imaging camera. I have identified the ZWO ASI178MM as a possibility that fits my budget and has a large enough (I think) sensor to image the entire Solar disc if I use a 0.5 focal reducer which will give me a total focal length of 465 mm.
      Does anyone have any experience of this camera in this application, or know if it will be suitable? I know it does not have an IR blocking filter, which I understand is an advantage for H-alpha. The spec is available here:
      https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/zwo-asi178mm-usb-30-monochrome-cmos-camera.html
      Thanks
      Mandy

• By Adam Barnsley
      Hi all.
      I am looking for a zoom eyepiece to 60mm lunt. My first choices are Lunt zoom and Pantax smc xf zoom. Which will work better? Can you have any other offer? You could say something more about these eyepieces while observing h-alpha? 
    • By Piero
      I bought this filter about one year ago with the aim to protect both my Tak-100 DF and a Quark eyepiece which eventually I never bought. Therefore, I am selling it, hoping that it will go to a good home and be used as it deserves. 
      It is a top quality Baader ERF for solar viewing with Quarks. It is in excellent condition and comes complete with housing measuring 146mm. The previous owner used to fit it on an Altair 115mm F7 refractor. With some minor modification (essentially adding some padding to the internal side of the housing) it can be fitted on many other telescopes.
      It cost £550 but selling for £320 including postage. I will accept PayPal (pay as a friend) or direct bank transfer.
      Also advertised on ABS.
      Thank you for looking,
      Piero

• By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      as suggested by Hughsie, here's my pastel sketch my contribution to the solar imaging challenge. 

Telescope: Lunt LS50THaB600PT
      Eyepiece: Celestron X-Cel 10mm
      Date & Time: May 29th, 2019 / 1630-1700 CEST
      Technique: reddish Koh-i-Noor Toison d'Or pastels and pastel pens on greyish Canson Mi-Teintes pastel paper
      Like all of my astronomical sketches , I did this one directly at the eyepiece. The picture of the sketch is taken with my smartphone and just cropped.
      Clear (and sunny) skies!
      Achim

Size: 24 x 32 cm
    • By tooth_dr
      Taken on Sunday evening with a 98% Moon.
      Comprising of 12 x 600s subs using an ED80 with a 0.85x FF, an Atik 383L+ and a 7nm Optolong Filter.
      Stacked in DSS, and processed in PS.

Full frame and cropped, mono and h-alpha colour using NC Actions.

Thanks for looking
      Adam.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.