SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star Party Timings

Grant

Sunday night looks clear so the Variable Star workshop is looking good. Everyone welcome :hello2: You'll get guidance first hand on observing variables using the scope I use.
The morning session covers all the practical and science stuff. Do you know how many types of variables there are? Variables help us understand the science of stellar evolution from birth to grave :ohmy: There'll be practical stuff like how to read variable star charts; how to record observations; making magnitude estimates; understanding Julian dates and all the other wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff!

• Like 3

Just now, Mr Spock said:

Sunday night looks clear so the Variable Star workshop is looking good. Everyone welcome :hello2: You'll get guidance first hand on observing variables using the scope I use.
The morning session covers all the practical and science stuff. Do you know how many types of variables there are? Variables help us understand the science of stellar evolution from birth to grave :ohmy: There'll be practical stuff like how to read variable star charts; how to record observations; making magnitude estimates; understanding Julian dates and all the other wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff!

Sold, extra notebooks needed!

2 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

I'll be there. Sounds like a great workshop.

1 hour ago, Mr Spock said:

Sounds fascinating - I'll make sure to pack my pens!