SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star Party Timings

Grant

Not long now :) Still time to book pitches and/or food but please be quick - these all need to be finalised by the weekend.

We're a little more organised this year so I am very pleased to announce the timings in advance!

Arrival

• Arrival - Please ensure you book in and collect your welcome packs
  • Welcome - Come and say hi at the welcome tent - me and Daz should be hanging around there most of the time so if you need any help, assistance or just fancy a brew come and say hi!

Friday

• 17:30 - Cafe - Curry Night
  • 18:30ish - Cafe - Quiz - this will happen once everyone has had their curry so the time is a little flexible. If you're not having curry, please do pop up and join in the cafe has a great selection of beers and ciders to sample!

Saturday

• 10:00-13:00 - Welcome Tent - FLO Trade Stand and Bring & Buy Sale
  • 13:00-14:00 - Welcome Tent - Meteorites / Fossil Touch & Feel with Helen
  • 13:30-14:30 - Rob's Pod - Group 1 Basic Astro-processing with Uranium235 (Fully Booked)
  • 14:00-15:00 - Welcome Tent - Plate Solving in SGPro with Daz
  • 15:00-16:00 - Rob's Pod - Group 2 Advanced Astro-processing with Uranium235 (Fully Booked)
  • 15:00-16:00 - Welcome Tent - Timelapses with PhotoGav
  • 16:00-17:00 - Welcome Tent - Observing the Moon - Reading the Lunar Landscape with MichaelMorris
  • 17:30 - Welcome Tent - Hog Roast!!!
  • 20:30ish - Welcome Tent - Star Hopping with a Dob with RikM

Sunday

• 10:30-11:30 - Welcome Tent - Solar Capture & Processing with Ibbo
  • 11:30-12:30 - Welcome Tent - Variable Star Observing Talk with Mr Spock
  • 13:30 - Cafe - Sunday Roast
  • 20:30ish - Welcome Tent - Variable Star Observing (if clear) with Mr Spock

I think you'll agree it's a pretty jam packed line up - many thanks to all the volunteers for doing talks and workshops :)

In addition to the workshops, if anybody has any specific questions they would like help with then we will be running ad hoc one-to-one's or small groups that will be arranged in a separate thread.

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

• Thanks 2

On 03/10/2017 at 10:59, Grant said:

If anybody would like to bring any cakes for the tea tent they are always gratefully received :)

I have an 8" square sticky date cake already baked and maturing. Will be there Saturday.

Front row seats for the time lapse session can easily be reserved with the promise of large slices of cake, especially data and walnut :biggrin:

Edit: I just noticed my spelling mistake - though I quite like it like that!!

Edited by PhotoGav
  • Haha 3

On 03/10/2017 at 10:59, Grant said:

If anybody would like to bring any cakes for the tea tent they are always gratefully received :)

Fruit cake and welsh cakes all made by the present mrs foster and I may do a sponge cake too. How's that?

I'm in for Gav, Michael and Ibbo's talks and I think I'll earn front row with all that so you best get in quick :)

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:56, Grant said:

Touch & Feel with Helen

So will this be the most popular event?  LOL

It sounds like you will all have a great time.  Wish I was coming.  Clear skies all.

• Like 1

I booked last minute Yesterday as now have funds to attend. What time can one arrive at the camp site on the friday?

Not had any email or feed back yet as to pitch number etc  but i do want to arrive at decent time and avoid the traffic :)

Fingers X for clear skies this time.

14 minutes ago, simmo70 said:

I booked last minute Yesterday as now have funds to attend. What time can one arrive at the camp site on the friday?

Not had any email or feed back yet as to pitch number etc  but i do want to arrive at decent time and avoid the traffic :)

Fingers X for clear skies this time.

You're on pitch 48, just heard from Lucksall :)

Official arrival time with Lucksall is 1pm.

1 hour ago, Grant said:

You're on pitch 48, just heard from Lucksall :)

Official arrival time with Lucksall is 1pm.

Thanks for the quick response.

Not wanting to upset my neighbours on my first event :)  is it easy to change pitchon arival? 

One does snore like a trooper especially after some old rosie :)

See 27 & 28 are grass and be alone too :)

2 minutes ago, simmo70 said:

Thanks for the quick response.

Not wanting to upset my neighbours on my first event :)  is it easy to change pitchon arival? 

One does snore like a trooper especially after some old rosie :)

See 27 & 28 are grass and be alone too :)

Speak with Lucksall when you arrive and if they can, I'm sure they will help with a pitch change but it will depend on the condition of the pitches - some have been deliberately left empty.