Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Bubble narrowband close-up.

RobH

Hello folks,

The data for this was captured in one all night session on the 30th August. It was not too transparent but with the rarity of any sort of clear night you just have to take advantage as you all know :D

I had a go at the bubble earlier in the year but wasn't happy with the results so never got around to posting them.

I've spent the last week processing this between work and grabbing the occasional hour or two of sleep, mostly sitting upright on aircraft....things have been busy in Rob-land :(

Ha was used for luminance and red, OIII for green, and H beta for blue.

Details are....

30 x 6 minute Ha

10 x 6 minute OIII & H-beta

LX200GPS 14" @ F6.3

Atik 16 HR

Astronomik 13nm narrowband filters

Acquired, calibrated and stacked in Maxim DL

Processed in PS CS2

Guidescope. Tal 100R @ F10

Guide camera. Meade DSI pro

Guide software. PHD.

Total imaging time. 5 hours.

Cheers

Rob

8432_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is not another APOD, I will eat my slippers. And if you saw them, you would realise how confident I am.

I could use all the superlatives in the dictionary, but they would fall short of summing this image up.

You are a genius Rob.

Ron. :salute: :salute: :salute:

That's the best bubble neb I've seen! :shock: :shock: well done Rob - a lot of work has gone into that and I can only imagine the time you spent processing!!!! that one certainly gets a big WOWfrom me!

Sam

The other comments reflect just how me and the Mrs reacted when we saw this one. Without exception it is the finest image I have seen posted on SGL since I joined.

Of course the processing etc is first rate, as we have come to expect of you :D , but there is more to this picture than that. The composition, the colouring and the perspective/aspect are very appealing, and are the mark of an artist at work. When a picture looks and feels so right, you know it's a winner.

How do you feel about this one? Your best yet?

Cheers

TJ

Archived