SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

This months S@N magazine....

GazOC

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the Latte must cost nearly as much as the mag? I can't believe this is turning into a "shall I? shan't I?" over a 3 quid mag! :laugh: :laugh:

Okay Gaz - I said I was a mean Scot - what more do you want. :violent1: The Latte is very nice. I relax and read the mag - it is rare that I want to buy it to read again. Every penny saved is another penny towards an Apo (in my dreams).

Tom

1. Sky Chart Dates - I spotted that and assumed they meant March!!

2. Tombaugh discovered Pluto

3. It's better than A.N. (IMHO)

4. They are still a little 'easy' on the reviews, not much gets a negative comment!!!

Still a good mag - FOR THE VERY CHEAP SUBSCRIPTION PRICE!!!!!

:laugh:

Hmm. Well, Ade came round. Completely forgot to mention that Caz thinks the cover price (£4.25) is too much, sorry :insects1: However, in the chat he did mention few things - the main one being that there are not enough pics being submitted. So I said I'd kick a few bums and see which ones moved. Hit the S&N website and submit to the gallery. Simple.

Also got the new scope today but that'sanother story :laugh:

Arthur

PS - got a free March edition too :laugh:

Well, new scope is a little C5+on a driven single-fork mount with SkyCommander. A plus point is that the ota is in a dovetail mount so I can drop any sensibly-sized scope in there. I now have a sensible mobile setup. Perfick :laugh:

Caz, Ade is the deputy editor of S@N

Arthur

Tell us about it then Arthur, what you got?

Martin

OK - pretty pic time then. I am amazed at the build quality of this little scope.  All the knobs/levers are machined aluminium rather than castings, it's rock solid and tracks/drives so quiet it's like it's not there - and all with a PP3! Yup, a little 9v battery :shock:

Arthur

post-12835-133877318606_thumb.jpg

post-12835-133877318612_thumb.jpg

Seeing as how I'm a Yorkshireman ( defined as being similar to a native of Scotland, but devoid of their natural generosity ) I must admit that I have never purchased a copy.

Captain Chaos

I knew there was something I liked about you CC - must be the fact that you are a pseudo-Scottish Sassenach - " Arise honorary Scot - and don't ever buy a round".

Great looking 'scope on your later posting.

Tom

Archived