Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HELP! Coma on stars at Edge of field STILL

Gerry

Help! I've edited the thread to reopen it and added my latest picture below  

I have still not got this sorted. Please have a look at this following picture. I have increased the spacing of the coma corrector by 1mm maybe 1.5. Is it possible that the stars on the edge are caused by mirror pinch? I do tend to tighten up a little the screws in my Newtonian could that cause it? It seems to be going outwards in the corners.

Thanks for any advice  

Gerry 

IMG_4466.thumb.JPG.e2968d15e1c676c4adf7bf3b53f450a2.JPG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beware. I have been down this route.

I have both the baader t-ring and spacer. It's designed to work with an internal filter fitted within the t-ring. Without the filter it will be over spaced from the start.

Then it becomes an expensive prospect. I gave up on it and stuck with m42.

What camera/scope are you using? Good flats should take care of vignetting.

I've done that on another thread it's just a spacing issue with comet stars at the edges. I spent most of the day yesterday redoing the focuser (it wasn't quite perpendicular)  anyway then I did the collimation yes of course it has to be offset! Anyway I did it best I could. I have laser etc but it's not as straightforward as all the videos say :) 

By how much is yours over spaced? Here it says you can use it. Do you know that you have to unscrew the thread from the coma itself and then connect the spacer that's why you could have too much spacing if you look at the second picture the thread is removed  

http://www.baader-planetarium.com/en/2"-mpcc-mark-iii-(multi-purpose-coma-corrector-for-newtons).html

• 2 weeks later...

Help!

I have still not got this sorted. Please have a look at this following picture. I have increased the spacing of the coma corrector by 1mm maybe 1.5. Is it possible that the stars on the edge are caused by mirror pinch? I do tend to tighten up a little the screws in my Newtonian could that cause it? It seems to be going outwards in the corners.

Thanks for any advice  

Gerry 

IMG_4466.thumb.JPG.dd180e61cd1dc3e2c1767318f2ddce51.JPG

Archived