Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Hello,

Here is my version of the Pelican Nebula.

Data capture done during several nights from the 14th august to 22nd September 2017. Location, country side one hours drive south of Copenhagen.

HA 5nm: 47 x 600 second subs, moon lit nights.

OIII 3nm: 29 x 600 second subs, no moon. SQM 21.10

SII 3nm: 37 x 600 second subs, no moon SQM 21.30

Total exposure: 18 hours 50 minutes

Calibrated and stacked followed by deconvolve and DPP in Maxim.

Layered as Hubble palette and final curves in Photoshop. Reduction of magenta saturation and lightnes to adjust star color in the flattened image.

Equipment: Mesu200 mount. 10" Skywatcher Quattro, Atik 460m camera and Astrodon filters. Offaxis guided.

Link to full resolution: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-WsltPPgG5JeXFIZnA5d3ZkYmc

Thanks for watching.

IC5070 50% jpg.jpg

• Like 9

That's absolutely stunning... love the colours... very elegant.

Totally jealous!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MeyGray3833
      Finally completed my SHO version. There is some purple in the image I cannot figure out how to get rid of and I'm sick of playing with it. Hints and tips on how to get rid of it welcome, I'm using PixInsight.

https://pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/169136922

Scroll to the bottom for size options and details.

Thanks for looking!

• By eshy76
      Hi everyone,
      This has been on my hard drive for some months, so nice to have finally got round to processing it! Shot over several nights in January in my back garden.
      NGC 281, also known casually as the Pacman Nebula, is a bright emission nebula and part of an H II region in the northern constellation of Cassiopeia and is part of the Milky Way's Perseus Spiral Arm. It lies about 9,500 light years from us and is 48 light years across.
      As the final version, I've gone for a crop, which I think holds up well, though I'll include the wider fov version in the next post.
      I used a more natural colour blend for this image:
      R = 76%*Ha + 24%*SII
      G = 100%*OIII
      B = 85%*OIII + 15%*Ha
      For some reason, I was not expecting much from this image, but the result looks like it will be one of my favourites...the narrowband data was really good!
      Captured using APT, stacked using APP and processed in Pixinsight.
      5.4 hours integration time.
      Link to full details and higher res version.
      Thanks for looking!

• By MeyGray3833
      Hello Astro Peeps, I hope everyone is all good! Isn't there some amazing images on this site and others. Amateur imaging has never been so good!
      I myself have finally managed to get some data for an image, of which I am very happy. It has been so hot here it has been impossible to get any good data. One day a couple of months ago, I hung the thermometer from the grape vine under the back verandah and it was 47.5°C. Sounds far fetched, although true. I live in Adelaide, South Australia and we are 11km from the CBD and usually 1.5 degrees hotter than there!
      Anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at a Ha, OIII bi-colour image while waiting for my SII data to come in. There seems to be a halo issue with some of the filters for which I will need to do further testing so I apologise for their distracting nature. Details are with the image but basically 3hrsx15min subs for each channel.
      https://pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/169113477
      You can scroll to the bottom to choose another size or auto to fit your screen.

Happy photon collecting! ?
      Details for those that cannot see them.
      Telescope: William Optics FLT132

Guide Scope: QHY OAG

Camera: QHY9 Mono @ -20c

Filter Wheel: QHY 7 position Ultra Slim

Filters: Baader 36mm unmounted L R G B HA OIII SII

Guide Camera: QHY5L-II

Mount: AZ-EQ6

Mount Control: EQASCOM

Focusing: SharpSky Pro and Sequence Generator Pro 3 (automated)

Bahtinov Mask: No (initial focus)

Capture Software: Sequence Generator Pro 3

Guiding Software: PHD2

Calibration and Stacking Software: PixInsight

Processing Software: PixInsight

Number and Type of Data Frames: L= X min, R= x min, G= x min, B= x min

Ha= 12x15min, SII= x , OIII= 12x15min.

Binning: 1x1

Total Image Time: 6 hrs

Light Box by Exfso

• By masjstovel
      Hi,

I am looking at buying one of these, and need some guidance.
      Celestron Nexstar 4 SE
      Sky-Watcher Explorer-130P Synscan AZ GOTO
      Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT MAK

I ended up With these 3 Choices mostly because of the cost I am willing to do the first time, and it seems like they have some abilities (motorized with GoTo-options)
      Priority 1: I want to observe nebulas, and galaxies (i.e. Andromeda)  on a decent "zoom" and focus.
      Priority 2: I want to do astrophotography.

I've read elsewhere on the forum than its preferable to have an equatorial mount for astrophotography. As far as i can see none of the above have that, even if Celestron Nexstar 4SE is promoting astrophotography on the product info. Or have i misunderstood here and one of the above has an equatorial mount?
      The Product info on the Celestron Nexstar 4 SE says it has Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South. Does this mean it has both options, az-al and equatorial mount?.

I think should add that i consider myself at least an "above beginner"-photographer, and Photoshop user. I use NIKON D810 - is this even mountable on one of the telescopes mentioned here?
      I also have the Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer mini. Can i setup one of the telescopes mentioned with this and call it a telescope with equatorial mount? 

I guess some of these questions might seem stupid to you, but I just dont know alot regarding telescopes yet:)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

• By stepping beyond
      I started getting better skies , getting my old mount problems are an ongoing thing that I deal with nightly . I ran tests in the frigid temps. on ngc1977 and IC434 and the Flame to get a handle on it  and get my Moonlite mini v2 control setup in SGP. I've been reading the Astronomical handbook on imaging and processing and I think my images are making improvements , 1977 is out of focus on my  colored channels due to trying to do it by eye. I didn't get sgp to run a sequence until 3 nights later and now I've got rain. This is the 1st time running on these targets, colors aren't correct but, they're improvement. I would add the # of frames but, they're all different and good enough to get my settings set and they're going to pop when I make a run on them . I'm really excited that I could get this and to have a test like this after being beat to death for months trying to get the PO'MAN rig working like this. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.