SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Imaging Challenge #7 - Lunar

The theme for the seventh challenge - October 2017 - is Lunar!

Start Date: 1st October 2017
End Date: 31st December 2017

Rules: We want to see images, videos, animations or sketches relating to 'Lunar' - please be as artistic or creative as you like :) 

Prize: £100 of FLO gift vouchers to buy some goodies with! Kindly provided by our sponsors FLO :) and a virtual trophy for your signature.

--

RULES

All data must be captured and processed by you (no collaborative entries). 
Data must be captured during the challenge start & end dates. 
Multiple entries are allowed but please start a new topic for each entry. 
Multiple submissions of the same image, processed differently, will not be accepted.

--

To enter please start a new topic with your image in the ‘Imaging Challenge #7’ forum (each challenge will have it’s own). Please post as much information as possible - when it was taken, how it was captured and processed, etc. The info won't necessarily be used for judging but will help fellow SGLers looking to learn and improve their knowledge and technique.

• Like 4

• admin pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

This unguided photo, (single frame), was taken with my Olympus C2040 attached to my ETX105, (before the 'mod' & re-mod'), using afocal projection - eyepiece was a 20mm Plossl inserted into my eyepiece projection unit.

p3130001-original.thumb.jpg.6d8f771345d35fe659758e51c157ac91.jpg  <--- this is the 'original' (...from a few years ago).

p3130001-enhanced.thumb.jpg.4d5cc4989d96b52e2bb88531e6f6e710.jpg <--- this is 'enhanced' (...at time of submitting entry).

note: Please feel free to move to 'Imaging - Lunar' section if it does not meet the entry rules/requirements and omit this line - tnx in adv.

Edited by Philip R

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Just to participate because I use much heavier material than previous images.

Vallis Alpes taken on october 11 in Mazan small town in the South East of France with a 625 mm (24'), barlow 4 11m Fl (433'), IR 685, low turbulence, camera QHY5-III178M. Video 2500 images processing with AS2 and R6.

Clear Skies.

Luc

2382-1512300380.jpg

Edited by CATLUC
  • Like 1

Please let me know if I submitted these 6 shots correctly. It says above start new topic... I'm assuming you meant new reply per shot...

My Submissions: OMG I hate sending .JPG files lol  (Original 27MB .tiff - 2185 x 2175 Resolution)

Bortle-8 zone in Queens NY

Taken 11/3/17 With Meade 8" LX 200 GPS  - AWO 174mc cool - 6.3 Reducer at 137mm (approx. F4.5)

No gain - I believe was 2.5 ms exposure. Imaged in Firecapture - 40 images stacked in Autostakkert3 and processed in Photoshop

Mosaic of 2 images (upper and lower) was able to make it seamless by keeping all Firecapture settings the same and imaging upper and lower portions within 5 min of each other. Then stacked in autostakkert3. Combined the 2 images in Photoshop before processing so images were processed with same settings.

Was so happy that I couldn't find the seam :). My previous attempts foolishly processed both images separately and then combined... You live and learn...

full-moon-New-SUB.jpg

Edited by skyhunter1

My Submissions: (OMG I hate sending .JPG files - Original 17MB .tiff)

Taken 11/3/17 With Meade 8" LX 200 GPS  - AWO 174mc cool - Prime Focus at F10

No gain - I believe was 10 ms exposure. Imaged in Firecapture - 30 images stacked in Autostakkert3 and processed in Photoshop

moon-lower2-SUB2.jpg

Edited by skyhunter1

Taken 11/3/17 With Meade 8" LX 200 GPS  - AWO 174mc cool - Teleview 2.5x Powermate ( F25 )

No gain - I believe was 25 ms exposure. Imaged in Firecapture - 50 images stacked in Autostakkert3 and processed in Photoshop

moon-extreme-close-SUB.jpg

Edited by skyhunter1

Taken 10/27/17 With Meade 8" LX 200 GPS  - AWO 174mc cool - 6.3 focal Reducer at 83mm ( F6.3 )

No gain - I believe was 10 ms exposure. Imaged in Firecapture - 40 images stacked in Autostakkert3 and processed in Photoshop

moon-half-SUB.jpg

Edited by skyhunter1

Taken 10/27/17 With 8" Meade LX 200 GPS  - AWO 174mc cool - Prime Focus at f10

No gain - I believe was 15 ms exposure. Imaged in Firecapture - 45 images stacked in Autostakkert3 and processed in Photoshop

Moon-Lower-Close-up--SUB2.jpg

Edited by skyhunter1

Taken 11/3/17 With Meade 8" LX 200 GPS  - AWO 174mc cool - Teleview 2.5x Powermate ( F25 )

No gain - I believe was 25 ms exposure. Imaged in Firecapture - 50 images stacked in Autostakkert3 and processed in Photoshop

11.7.17-NEW2---SUB.jpg

Edited by skyhunter1

• 3 weeks later...

The Moon from this evening (25-th of December). 40 images stacked from 100, through my deep-sky set-up. Atik 460EX + MN190/EQ6 belt drive. Acquisition with MaximDL, stacked with Autostakkert and post processed with Maxim again. 

25_dec_2017_conv_unsharp_fft_mildloc_ada

Edited by jimao22
better image
  • Like 1