Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

National Forest Star Party ,November 2017.

cotterless45

14 minutes ago, cotterless45 said:

Superb clear and dark night , great company , we are really enjoying the site and sights. First to set up as usual ! Mind you , it's only 3 miles away ! Nick.IMG_1033.thumb.JPG.4d2e49f30ce4ad93d99b617e4e88acdb.JPG

Looks lovely Nick!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted i couldn't make this event, the last one you organised Nick was fantastic, including the weather :happy11:

site looks OK as well, hope someone could post a few pictures of the site, look forward to the March event,

fingers crossed the weather stays good for you,

A lovely 1st night and a pleasant surprise to get some observing in on the first night... there is scope here I think it’s called a newt but I am not sure what it is ? but it’s mainly real scopes ......  I took full advantage of Nick’s knowledge and spent  most of the time looking through his real scope .... some great views. The campsite is clean and tidy and surprising secluded given its location, but most importantly there is pretty much wall to wall sky......... let’s see what tonight brings ? great choice Nick.

The skies are way better than Rivendale Friday night was good apart from the moisture in the air last night after 1 was superb dark and crystal clear wait for Nicks post I cannot remember half the stuff we saw. Bow tie nebula was brilliant. Only 4 of us but it was a fantastic weekend we will be going again. 

21 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

The skies are way better than Rivendale Friday night was good apart from the moisture in the air last night after 1 was superb dark and crystal clear wait for Nicks post I cannot remember half the stuff we saw. Bow tie nebula was brilliant. Only 4 of us but it was a fantastic weekend we will be going again. 

Sounds great Paul, shame I couldn't make it but not long been to SGL party so not really fair on Mrs T to stick her in the care home so soon again.

Had hoped to go to a local site this weekend but weather wasn't good.

PS: Any more pic's ?

Dave

21 hours ago, Stu said:

All sounds very conducive to a super event Shaun.

@cotterless45 what are the skies like? Better than Rivendale? Wish I could have been there, enjoy it everyone :) 

Stu you would have loved it quite a bit of moisture first night stars were twinkling but last night after 1am.  I had packed up at 11.45 as there was cloud everywhere woke up at 3.40 and was gutted heard Nick, Ste and Shaun enjoying themselves I was in my PJ`s.

2 minutes ago, gtis said:

Great photos the pod looks cosy

how did you battery box perform

having problems with mine just ordered some marine grade cigarette 12volt sockets like yours

Did not work at all left my meter at home so dont know if it was volt drop would not even power mount we checked voltage there was 13.5 tried it three times just tried it now there is 12.1v in looks like I am going to have upgrade the cable again 3mm cross section just to be sure.

34 minutes ago, gtis said:

Great photos the pod looks cosy

how did you battery box perform

having problems with mine just ordered some marine grade cigarette 12volt sockets like yours

Can you tell me what the white piece at the end is called this has a green tip I need a blue one and found out why it wasn't working these are so you can plug them in tip + or tip negative had it wrong way round. 

23 hours ago, Stu said:

All sounds very conducive to a super event Shaun.

@cotterless45 what are the skies like? Better than Rivendale? Wish I could have been there, enjoy it everyone :) 

Thank you Stu ? A great weekend and both nights delivered the goods, night two being pretty much spot on with many naked eye targets visible that are not normally naked eye..... I am still amazed how little light pollution there is considering where it is, not that I am complaining. It was god to meet up with Nick, Paul and Steve and I hope to see you all again soon.

I am looking forward to Nick’s report as we got to see many targets ?

5 hours ago, Pig said:

Thank you Stu ? A great weekend and both nights delivered the goods, night two being pretty much spot on with many naked eye targets visible that are not normally naked eye..... I am still amazed how little light pollution there is considering where it is, not that I am complaining. It was god to meet up with Nick, Paul and Steve and I hope to see you all again soon.

I am looking forward to Nick’s report as we got to see many targets ?

It was great to meet you all too. I Had a brilliant time. Both nights were great but especially last night was amazing, saw so many new targets (even with Dob!) which I know isn't a real scope ?. Best views ever of m81 and m82 and so much more. Thanks Nick for organising this event. I'd Highly recommend it and will be along for the next one.  The skies were pretty dark I'd say and light pollution didn't have any negative effect on the observing at all.  

Archived