Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Helios Lightquest-HR High Resolution 20x100

I have the 11x70 model which has preferred Baush and Lomb body. Excellent optics and eye relief.

Are the 20x100s as good optically, and do they have the same high eye relief?

Edited by 25585
20x100

I have  the 20x100 lightquests..eye relief is 20mm...which is great for me as i have to wear specs whilst viewing...i find them very good for both lunar and stars...they need a sturdy tripod and good head though as they weigh nearly 4kgs...

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wouterdhoye
      Hi,
      included some images of April 12th.
      One image of Vallis Alpes, witht he large craters Arsitoteles and Eudoxus.
      Rima Hyginus, with lower in the image Triesnecker and Rimae Triesneckes to the right of it.
      The Apennines. A large mountain range. This is a two panel mosaic.
      and last byt not least a high res image of the lunar terminator from the Large crater Ptolemaeus all the way to the South pole.
      All images made using CFF CC300 f/20 and asi 174MM at prime focus. An Astronomik proplanet 807 filter was used to stabilize seeing.
      Enjoy the images, and feel free to share your toughts, comments etc. All images are also visible on my Astrobin page.

• By wouterdhoye
      Second time I undertake this kind of endeavour. Many many movies were shot. Over 300Gb of data. Stitching was done by hand. in adobe Photoshop. 
      Equipment used: 
      CFF 300f//20 cassegrain
      ASI174MM with Astronomik proplanet807
      processing using Autostakkert, lynkeos and adobe photoshop.
      Image is a wee bit too large to add to post direclty. hence just the link.
      https://astrob.in/400728/0/
      Make sure to check out at full res.
      enjoy.
      Wouter.
    • By OliverBath
      I have a set of Helios 28x110. I have a problem with the IPD adjustment it is so loose that the weight of the binoculars cause both barrels  to flop down how do you tighten it ?

• By 25585
      How does the Baader Aspheric 36mm match up against the Baader Eudiascopic 35mm?
      Unable to find a twin for the latter, I have begun to ponder pairs. Baader have suggested the 36 is recommended modern replacement for the 35, especially with its switchable stem for either 1.25 or 2 inches. 
      Has anyone had experience with both models?
    • By alanjgreen
      Televue state that the Ethos21 has 15mm of eye relief and 100 degree actual field of view in their published specification.
      http://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?id=20&Tab=EP_ETH-21.0
      Has anyone actually MEASURED the eye relief and can confirm that this is indeed what it has?
      Can anyone confirm that the Ethos21 actually does show 100 degrees FOV or is it actually less?
      Thanks in advance,
      Alan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.