Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

Helios Lightquest-HR High Resolution 20x100

I have the 11x70 model which has preferred Baush and Lomb body. Excellent optics and eye relief.

Are the 20x100s as good optically, and do they have the same high eye relief?

Edited by 25585
20x100

I have  the 20x100 lightquests..eye relief is 20mm...which is great for me as i have to wear specs whilst viewing...i find them very good for both lunar and stars...they need a sturdy tripod and good head though as they weigh nearly 4kgs...

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astrofriend
      Hi,
      I have struggled with the Drizzle technique many years but had always problem to see any difference when taking images with my teleskop, shorter focal lenses has worked good.
      Now with faster computer, Windows10 64-bit and new updated software it works as I expected it from the beginning. The idea come already when I took my first digital astrophoto, the comet Hyakutake 1996. I read about NASA and how they use Drizzling on Hubble images to increase the undersampled images from it.
      I have documented my workflow here and a first test with the Globular Cluster M13 as a test object.
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/project-get-higher-resolution/01-get-higher-resolution-introduction.html
      My astrophotos with the telescope are taken from the balcony and never of very high quality, but this time it worked.
      /Lars
    • By wouterdhoye
      Hi,
      included some images of April 12th.
      One image of Vallis Alpes, witht he large craters Arsitoteles and Eudoxus.
      Rima Hyginus, with lower in the image Triesnecker and Rimae Triesneckes to the right of it.
      The Apennines. A large mountain range. This is a two panel mosaic.
      and last byt not least a high res image of the lunar terminator from the Large crater Ptolemaeus all the way to the South pole.
      All images made using CFF CC300 f/20 and asi 174MM at prime focus. An Astronomik proplanet 807 filter was used to stabilize seeing.
      Enjoy the images, and feel free to share your toughts, comments etc. All images are also visible on my Astrobin page.

• By wouterdhoye
      Second time I undertake this kind of endeavour. Many many movies were shot. Over 300Gb of data. Stitching was done by hand. in adobe Photoshop. 
      Equipment used: 
      CFF 300f//20 cassegrain
      ASI174MM with Astronomik proplanet807
      processing using Autostakkert, lynkeos and adobe photoshop.
      Image is a wee bit too large to add to post direclty. hence just the link.
      https://astrob.in/400728/0/
      Make sure to check out at full res.
      enjoy.
      Wouter.
    • By OliverBath
      I have a set of Helios 28x110. I have a problem with the IPD adjustment it is so loose that the weight of the binoculars cause both barrels  to flop down how do you tighten it ?

• By 25585
      How does the Baader Aspheric 36mm match up against the Baader Eudiascopic 35mm?
      Unable to find a twin for the latter, I have begun to ponder pairs. Baader have suggested the 36 is recommended modern replacement for the 35, especially with its switchable stem for either 1.25 or 2 inches. 
      Has anyone had experience with both models?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.