Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

rorymultistorey

Should I sell my tele vue NP-101 and buy a genesis (as I mostly do narrow band imaging) ?

Hi clever people (and fellow geeks),

I live in London and I mostly do narrowband imaging from my roof. I have a 2005 tele vue NP-101. Its  an F5.4  super apo. Its a great scope and it cost (with a few other bits) around £1800. 

Question: Would I be wise to sell it and instead buy a tele vue genesis? The Genesis isn't a super apo but I'm thinking that doesn't really matter for narrowband imaging and at f5 it is a bit faster which will help. As it is a petzval design I'm assuming it will have a nice flat field. I can get one for around £600... and I could use the money I've saved to buy pixinsight and other bits of astro kit. 

wotdoyathink?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Uplooker
      Tele Vue 8mm Radian in excellent condition. No marks on optics or barrel. Comes with both end caps, original box, instructions, pupil guide and Tele Vue sticker.
      The “Instadjust” eyeguard housing works smoothly and holds firm.
      Only selling to UK buyers.
      Selling for £110, including Royal Mail Special Delivery.
      I will accept payment via PayPal as gift or buyer pays fees or bank transfer.
      Happy to provide more photos on request. 
      Selling as I am just not using it and to fund further purchases.

• By 25585
      Mint, only taken out of box. Bought from Telescope House a few months ago. Paracorr 2 setting H
      £399 including Royal Mail next day, signed, tracked. Bank xfer or Paypal friends.
      Photos following....
    • By 25585
      I use the TV Panoramic mount with my Genesis. Bought both together & they are excellent grab & go. 
      So as my Skytee 2 is too heavy for tucking under an arm & I like scope in or on top mounts, I am considering a fork mount for my fracs, of which the 120 Equinox is bulkiest and heaviest. 
      The only maker I can find for fork mounts for scopes (others for binoculars) is Tele Vue, & their Gibraltar 5. They seem to come with a star finder gadget which may be good being for TV. 
      So does anyone here use a TV Gibraltar for any size of scope, & can advise on its pros & cons including the star finder?
    • By Astrofriend
      Hi,

What can you do during a rainy and boring day?

Yes, write something about about old project ideas that newer have been realized.

For many years I have been wondering how to construct a beam splitter system to make more efficient use of exposure time when doing color or narrow band imaging.

I have today written down my ideas here:
      http://astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/project-high-efficiency-narrow-band-imaging/project-high-efficiency-narrow-band-imaging.html

There are a lot of interesting links there too to read.

/Lars
    • By nicoscy
      LNIB Minty Ethos 17mm - £390

I moved to the Nagler T4 range for more viewing comfort and this lovely eyepiece needs to find a new home. 
      This is a LNIB eyepiece that saw limited focuser action 3 times as it was purchased and received on the 16th of September this year. 
      Comes with original box, wrapping, sticker and caps. Any minor dust will be blown off with a manual blower prior to shipping. No scratches, no dings no falls, no nothing. 
      Price includes PayPal fee and shipping with insurance and tracking. 
      Thanks for looking! 
      Clear skies, 
      Nicos

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.