SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sun from 28/9/2017

kirkster501

Sun frtom yesterday's data.  Seems to have a red rim around the edge after uploading to SGL but the original in PNG format does not show this.....??? Anyway, three panes each stacked in Autostakart and stitched together in ICE and PS3 used to fiddle with colours from the mono.  White light so not sure if I have over-egged the colour?

Critiques most welcomed :)

Steve

59ce7554f02d9_Sun29-9-2017.thumb.png.55e3a2d95a62311d326e7b0a240b45dc.png

TEC 140 Steve :)  Yuri says it is very well suited to solar and no danger at all to the scope.

EDIT:  Waiting around for clear nights in our country is so incredibly frustrating so making a start on Solar and lunar so I can at least get on with soemthing.

No Steve.  Yuri says that  the objective is the collector and all the "action" take places at the focuser end of the scope.  TEC scopes made in the last three years all have the aluminium collet so no issues there either.  Many use their TEC for Solar - some with TEC 200 even.....  The scope was cool as a cucumber - no "hot" light touches it at all.

I use the Baader Herschel wedge and that gets warm at the back end

Lovely image Steve. Love the areas of faculae you've caught, even at the ' 6 O'clock' position which is less common.

I probably do more solar than astro these days, simply because of lack of opportunity with clear skies.

Would be great to see some results at high power on some of the active areas of the seeing allows. Should give excellent detail.

Hi guys, many thanks for the kind words and suggestions.  I am new to Solar and very interested in this subject.    I've been reading avidly about the sun over the last few days.  The TEC140 is a fabulous solar instrument as well as a magnificent scope for other astronomy purposes.

@MilwaukeeLion  All I did to stitch it together was shove the three separate mono panes into ICE and it did all the work of stitching it together. I did nothing other than that.  I applied the orange color by using Photoshop CS3 curves tool and fiddled with each component until I got a color I thought was "sun like". Nothing more technical than that.

Archived