Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL Starparty Scopes?

Paul73

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on if I can get them all in the car safely, I’ll be bringing my Celestron C8SCT on my SE NexStar goto mount, my Celestron Omni 120 ‘frac and my Opticstar AR90S ‘frac to use on my Skytee II/Berlebach Uni28 tripod combo, and also my Strathspey Marine 7x50 and Pentax WPII 12x50 binos along with my Orion binocular mount too. May have just enough room for the tent! Hehe! ;) 

Oh, and my Lunt wedge too to fit into one of the ‘fracs to do some solar in the daytime if Sol pops it’s head out whilst there! :) 

1 hour ago, PhotoGav said:

Lovely kind people at FLO (@FLO - this one's for you!!), would you like to bring a demo double-stack unit for the Lunt LS50THa please - you might get a couple of sales out of it!

Thank you.

I've looked through a double stacked PST Gav & the view was pretty awesome as the surface detail really popped out & the proms weren't to shabby either, after I'd finished I said to the guy "I hate you" lol. I did find the view a lot darker though plus with the lightest of cloud & haze the Sun all but vanished whereas I could still see it with my little Lunt.
Although looking at the Sun with the Lunt afterwards the view looked poor in comparison to say the least lol

11 hours ago, michaelmorris said:

Orion 80ED on HEQ5 Pro mount with Atik 460EX camera +my DSLR on my Optron Startracker as well for a bit of very wide field imaging.  I'll also bring my Celestron 15 x 70 binoculars for a bit of visual observing.

I'll bring my gas fitters gloves, just in case of any cold welding like last time ;) a fitter left them here when they installed the new oven, and they are waaay better than washing up gloves.

On 29/09/2017 at 08:31, Paul73 said:

Hi Guys

Part of the fun of a star party is checking out everyone's gear. I wondered who is bringing what?

Provided that I can get it all into the car, I'll be bringing:

16" Dob

SW ED120

100mm PST Mod & White light gear.

What are you bringing?

Paul

Paul,

Could I be cheeky and sneak a look through your 100mm PST mod if the sun comes out. 

I'm really interested to see the difference the PST mod makes to the view as so many people have done it.

I'll have a standard unmodded PST for comparison.

Ade

Of course. You would be very welcome. 

Try and grab a look through a Double Stacked PST. I sold my DS unit to pay for most of the mod. I believe that Helen has one. As does Mark if he is around.

Paul

On 29/09/2017 at 20:40, daz said:

As I only have the one, that's what's coming!

Esprit ED100, AZ-EQ6, AtikOne

I need to finish some L data for Andromeda I started at Kelling, so would like to finish that, and then NGC 891 (for a friend) and then possibly M33.

So that's the first couple of nights.... :D

But what a one :D

Archived