Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL Starparty Scopes?

Paul73

Hi Guys

Part of the fun of a star party is checking out everyone's gear. I wondered who is bringing what?

Provided that I can get it all into the car, I'll be bringing:

16" Dob

SW ED120

100mm PST Mod & White light gear.

What are you bringing?

Paul

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my main gear is staying in my observatory, so my plan is to have a travel kit extravaganza at SGL SP2017. I will bring my Star Adventurer mount and a Lunt LS50THa for the daytime, then a selection of Canon lenses (70-200, 100-400 and a couple of wide ones) for some night time fun. The mission is to have a go at video astronomy by night with the lenses and my ZWO ASI120MC-S. If it works, please pop by for live views of faint fuzzies, in colour with detail (come on, let me dream...!). Fingers crossed for clear skies and I look forward to seeing everyone there.

I will be bringing my SW ED80 on the EQ3-2 Pro with a Baader filter for some solar observing. Also hoping to capture some star trails with my Nikon D40x.

Still learning my way around the sky so will mainly be doing some visual, but will try my hand at a little video if possible.

Bringing my Tak 76mm and Ayo-Swiss Vamo mount. 

Targets tbc, but if (probably a BIG if) comet c/2017 01 Asassn brightens, I'd love to have a look at that firstly. Then probably a few more of the Hidden Treasures.

Chris

Bringing the Apollo 15x70 bins plus tripod parallelogram mount. Also the bresser 7x50's. Haven't decided whether to bring both the Meade ETX125 plus white light solar filter and the 8inch revelation dob or just the ETX? 

Can't wait to get there now and hoping for clear skies like everyone else is. Just got back from astrocamp wales, my first star party ever and it was mostly cloudy and wet! If it's clear,  I'm keen to get a look through a refractor, a larger dob and a larger SCT if anyone can help, let me know. Of course I'm happy to share views through my bins and scopes too if anyone is interested? 

Hopefully going to bring the 15inch Obsession dob - need to sort out a shroud and some dew control first though!!  Also the Tak 100 on alt az with solar filters, and the Staradventure with a DSLR for wide field and time lapse.

Helen

As I only have the one, that's what's coming!

Esprit ED100, AZ-EQ6, AtikOne

I need to finish some L data for Andromeda I started at Kelling, so would like to finish that, and then NGC 891 (for a friend) and then possibly M33.

So that's the first couple of nights.... :D

2 minutes ago, daz said:

As I only have the one, that's what's coming!

Esprit ED100, AZ-EQ6, AtikOne

I need to finish some L data for Andromeda I started at Kelling, so would like to finish that, and then NGC 891 (for a friend) and then possibly M33.

So that's the first couple of nights.... :D

Good to see you've organised the weather Daz :)

Dave

I'm bringing most of my stuff so will have the following:

8" Dob on Orion mount

ST102 on EQ5

ZS66SD & wedge for WL Solar and Coronado PST on a Skytee II.

May also bring the DSLR and have a dabble at imaging with the ZS66SD.

Hoping for some clear skies too.

51 minutes ago, Helen said:

Hopefully going to bring the 15inch Obsession dob - need to sort out a shroud and some dew control first though!!  Also the Tak 100 on alt az with solar filters, and the Staradventure with a DSLR for wide field and time lapse.

Helen

Is that a new Dob Helen?

They certainly have a great reputation.

Paul

23 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Is that a new Dob Helen?

They certainly have a great reputation.

Paul

New to me a few months ago Paul ?  It is an ultra compact (although everything is relative!) so is much easier to store than the 14 solid tube OO. Very well designed.  I haven't had the weather or opportunity to really test it yet though - so really hoping for some clear skies!  Happy for anyone to come and (figuratively) kick its tyres ?

I also need to put the OO up for sale now!  So I suppose that might come too if anyone is interested ? (but that's for a different post..)

Helen

I’m bringing my new Altair Starwave 70mm triplet and Lunt 50 solarscope. My husband will bring his 152mm Starwave. I’m glad the clear nights have been booked! I want to do more than 20 minutes imaging through the new scope.

Archived