Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkySafari & iOS 11

Stargazer McCabe

Morning all. I'm being prompted by my iPhone 7 to upgrade to iOS 11. I'd normally do this without hesitation but I read a comment recently that someone had an issue with a version of SkySafari becoming unresponsive thereafter...

As I'm off to Namibia shortly the last thing I need is for SkySafari to become recalcitrant if I do upgrade. 

I'm using the most up to date SkySafari 5 Pro, but which hasn't been updated in about 3 months if I recall correctly. So may I widen this survey from just the one comment I read ?

Has anyone had any issues after upgrading to iOS 11 please ?

I've only upgraded to iOS 11 on my iPhone SE so far but SkySafari 5 pro is working fine on it. I've also tried it with the push to scope control and that's also working normally. I haven't upgraded my iPad to iOS 11 yet because I discovered my Deep Sky Browser app doesn't work on ios11 at the moment although I've been told an upgrade for that is on its way shortly.

most annoying thing with ios11 my wife has been moaning about is on the ipad. The keyboard layout has changed so punctuation marks are in different places etc. She writes a lot of stories so has been very frustrated by it. Also to revert back to anything like the old keyboard you have to turn off "keyboard flicks" which defaults to on.

Archived