SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sh2-126 Ha Rgb

Allinthehead

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I think it looks even better now. If you can figure out that star shrink procedure in PI that @wimvbtalked about I think that would nail it. I just gave in and bought PI a few hours ago and realize, as I suspected, that I am heading for a step learning hill. With the few images I managed to grab with my Samyang I see that suppressing stars will be a major task.

1 hour ago, gorann said:

Yes, I think it looks even better now. If you can figure out that star shrink procedure in PI that @wimvbtalked about I think that would nail it. I just gave in and bought PI a few hours ago and realize, as I suspected, that I am heading for a step learning hill. With the few images I managed to grab with my Samyang I see that suppressing stars will be a major task.

:evil62: Another one lured to the dark side.

To get you started (in approximately this order):

Richard Bloch's videos on YouTube, like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HUOe4R5Hng

Harry Page's tutorials.

Kayron Mercieca's tutorials on LightVortexAstronomy.com

Warren Keller's book Inside PixInsight (basic, but a good reference)

And finally, my goto in times of trouble: Alejandro Tombolini's PixInsight resources: http://pixinsight.com.ar/

Oh, and forget about layers. :wink:

13 hours ago, gorann said:

Thanks Gorann. When i get some time i must try that procedure. Good luck with pixinsight. Whenever i use it i liken it to what I'd imagine having a stroke feels like.

14 hours ago, wimvb said:

:evil62: Another one lured to the dark side.

To get you started (in approximately this order):

Richard Bloch's videos on YouTube, like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HUOe4R5Hng

Harry Page's tutorials.

Kayron Mercieca's tutorials on LightVortexAstronomy.com

Warren Keller's book Inside PixInsight (basic, but a good reference)

And finally, my goto in times of trouble: Alejandro Tombolini's PixInsight resources: http://pixinsight.com.ar/

Oh, and forget about layers. :wink:

Wim, the better star shrinking procedure you described tipped me over the top, so it finally happened to me too, yesterday afternoon. I gave in (or gave up) and bought Pixinsight. Did my first DBE, which created a very blotchy background - apparently I did not have the settings right, but it is a start..... Then I had a message this afternoon that I could download 13 new updates, which resulted in 8 error messages when I restarted Pixinsight, but it is a start.....

Sorry Allinthehead fro hijacking your thread!

3 hours ago, Petergoodhew said:

Richard - that's an amazing image.  So unusual. Quite remarkable.  Well done!

Thanks Peter. It gives me great hope for the brighter targets from my location.

1 hour ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Very nicely done Richard, everything looks spot on from here, you must be pleased?

Thanks Paddy delighted with it.

Great image.  This is one I also don't remember seeing before.  I agree about the second one bringing us into the image more, but I kinda liked the first one better as it keeps my focus on the subject and not the flow.  Also dedicates more real estate to the subject.   But choosing between 2 great images.

13 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

That looks awesome... I'm starting to think that you guys up north have way more objects to image than we do here down under.

Thanks Mars. I suppose the grass is always greener. We look on southern objects with envy too. 

12 hours ago, DarkAntimatter said:

Great image.  This is one I also don't remember seeing before.  I agree about the second one bringing us into the image more, but I kinda liked the first one better as it keeps my focus on the subject and not the flow.  Also dedicates more real estate to the subject.   But choosing between 2 great images.

Thanks for the feedback DarkAntimatter.

7 hours ago, wxsatuser said:

This is not an easy target and you have done really well. :icon_salut:

Thanks Mike. I came across your lovely image of this while looking for images of this target.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived