Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMOD cable

jaygpoo

So my  question regards eqmod. I have setup a small pc next to my mount and it has the lastest version of windows. However it refuses to find the eqmod cable. If I connect my laptop that has widows 10 but an older version it finds it straight away. I am using the Lynx astro FTDI connector but its asking for a driver I have all the drivers in it that are in my laptop? Is there a special driver for the Lynx in the lastest windows 10?  Could anyone give me a link to a genuine driver?  jay

Windows 10 has  FTDI drivers built in so you don't need to install other drivers. Sometimes plugging it into a different USB port will kickstart Windows into recognizing it.

With it plugged in, check in Windows 'Device Manager' to see if a device has a yellow exclamation mark against it (probably in the COM ports section). If so right click it and select 'Uninstall device'. Then unplug and re-plug your EQMOD adapter and see if windows now recognizes it.

Alan

Archived